BMW z3?

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

Z3 is a hybrid e30/e36 with some unique parts thrown in.

- Interior quality is pretty poor with sagging glove box, seat slider problems and overall cheap feel.

- be prepared for lots of wind/drivetrain/road noise

- rear suspension is semi trailing arm like the e30, it can be fun with proper sport shocks/springs but it's a little primitive.

- engine options are wide open, every e36 and e46 engine can be had.

- work access under the hood is awesome

Z4's really are an enormous leap forward in every way but the price reflects that.

OP,

the Z3 is an E36...It has E36 powertrain (engines and transmission)

there are 1.9L 4cyl and 2.8L and 6cyl in 2.5L badged 2 and 3.0L and 3.2L (in the M models) The 98-00 M Coupes and Roadsters have the E36 M3 engine (S52B32) but the 01-02, of which there are 694 made, have the E46 M3 S54B32 with 316hp

They have E36 3 series front suspension and E30 3 series rear suspension (outdated design).

The roadster Z3 are a dime a dozen but they also made non-M coupes, exactly 1000 of them so they are extremely rare.....The M Coupes and M roadsters are pretty sweet.

Z4 is a better car for sure..

here's a Z4M for ~16k with 132k miles...... It has the S54 motor with close to 100hp/L...it needs valves checked and adjusted every 50-60k miles but it's really a superb car. Parts are pretty expensive though. On the Z4M, the S54 made the full 333hp because they fixed the rod bearing issues the early S54 had...on the 01-02 Z3Mm the S54 made that 316 because they limited the revs to 7600RPM

they made only 1815 Z4M

http://www.prestigeeurocars.com/newandusedcars/0/1113670/e74d18d7-9328-4d96-9c0c-947dfae9a256/none/2006-BMW-Z4M-Columbus-OH-43212.aspx

I love the way the Z3 M coupe looks but I loathe the inferior rear suspension from the E30

Z3 is a hybrid e30/e36 with some unique parts thrown in.

- Interior quality is pretty poor with sagging glove box, seat slider problems and overall cheap feel.

- be prepared for lots of wind/drivetrain/road noise

- rear suspension is semi trailing arm like the e30, it can be fun with proper sport shocks/springs but it's a little primitive.

- engine options are wide open, every e36 and e46 engine can be had.

- work access under the hood is awesome

Z4's really are an enormous leap forward in every way but the price reflects that.

OP,

the Z3 is an E36...It has E36 powertrain (engines and transmission)

there are 1.9L 4cyl and 2.8L and 6cyl in 2.5L badged 2 and 3.0L and 3.2L (in the M models) The 98-00 M Coupes and Roadsters have the E36 M3 engine (S52B32) but the 01-02, of which there are 694 made, have the E46 M3 S54B32 with 316hp

They have E36 3 series front suspension and E30 3 series rear suspension (outdated design).

The roadster Z3 are a dime a dozen but they also made non-M coupes, exactly 1000 of them so they are extremely rare.....The M Coupes and M roadsters are pretty sweet.

Z4 is a better car for sure..

here's a Z4M for ~16k with 132k miles...... It has the S54 motor with close to 100hp/L...it needs valves checked and adjusted every 50-60k miles but it's really a superb car. Parts are pretty expensive though. On the Z4M, the S54 made the full 333hp because they fixed the rod bearing issues the early S54 had...on the 01-02 Z3Mm the S54 made that 316 because they limited the revs to 7600RPM

they made only 1815 Z4M

http://www.prestigeeurocars.com/newandusedcars/0/1113670/e74d18d7-9328-4d96-9c0c-947dfae9a256/none/2006-BMW-Z4M-Columbus-OH-43212.aspx

I love the way the Z3 M coupe looks but I loathe the inferior rear suspension from the E30

These two men are fucking knuckleheads, but know exactly what they're talking about, unfortunately :dumb:

There's a really nice 2007 Black S2000 with low miles at Germain Ford. Buy it, add boost and enjoy. I miss mine and may have to look at it when I go pick up my car today. My story to my wife will be the MS3 blew a turbo and it was cheaper to trade it and boost the S with a solid aftermarket kit :gabe:

My two most dissapointing test drives ever...BMW Z3 back when they came out and the latest Audi A4 just last winter. Cheap, under-powered, cramped, poor handling poser cars that fell seriously short of my expectations going into the drives. Both times I really thought I was going to drive it home...until I got behind the wheel.

Guest GMoney
I know absolutley nothing about these cars but have a strange obsession with them. Does anyone know anything about them? All I would be looking to do is hard top, lowered, wheels, and exhaust. Anyone have any pictures, and any idea as to what kind of power they make?

Call me! I bought a 1998 with 2.8 for $5100 103K on the clock. Best car purchase i have ever made. Its so much fun and dirt cheap since there are so many e30's and e36's to get parts from. I have gutted most of the car and its down to 2600lbs so far. I will get it to 2500lbs before im done. I have TCKline coilovers on it and try to kill it everytime i drive it. The first set of tires lasted 500 miles and the cords were showing. I have been mudding through random peoples front yards... keeps on going. I was torn between a s2000 and the z3 the z3 was to cheap to pass up.

The car in video is a coilover car with e46 front arms only. No power adders. Still even using the stock cable ebrake.