Best place to buy airline tickets for cheap

DaddyBuiltRacing

My wife and I are going to Houston Texas and Sarasota Florida the week of March 15th-24th. I have been on expedia, travelocity and priceline already, just wondering if anyone knows a better place to find deals. We need a ticket from Columbus to Houston on the 15th, from Houston or San Antonio on the 19th to Sarasota or Fort Meyers and then from there back here to Columbus.

All help is appriciated

kayak.com will compare the fares, google.com/flights can help too. The problem is you are trying to go to markets where there is no competition so the fares will be high.

As someone that flies 3 weeks a month and buys plenty of tickets, you need to realize that in order to go to Houston for less money, you need to connect somewhere. Plus you are doing a multi-city ticket, round trips are the least expensive but multi-city prices like 3 one-way trips.

Mainline US Carriers should book out at around $600/person. Southwest might be less expensive. Keep in mind your travel dates are the worst for expense, flying out on tuesday and back wednesday or thursday is the least expensive.