iPhone Lovers,please. Let us talk.

ODoyle

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the 4S/5.

But i've had both, they have there ups and downs. I liked the fact i could download any music to my droid vs buying music on itunes etc. I never rooted my droid but ive jailbroken my iPhone and it makes then phone alot better. Customization, free apps, weird lil things, photochopping. It's crazy what the phones potenial is. What i hate about both phones, droid: Force closing battery life because apps always seem to keep opening themsleves. iPhone: Facebook app sucks dick time to time, home button everyso often sucks, apples insurance policy(will buy next phone though best buy, better ins) There is more of my dislikes and likes for both phones but thats just on the top of my head since it's been awhile since i've had a droid.

I have had both(on AT&T) and I can say that the biggest draws to android are the notifications, non market app installs, and the mass of customizations that you can do to your phone for appearance, battery life and so on.

I realize that you can do a lot of customization with a jailbroken iphone but in the same, the more you customize the less reliable it will be. My biggest complaint with android is that it seems like it was rushed in a way, not so refined or streamlined as iOS.

Either phone will work great as it comes from the factory, although I feel iOS is a lot more stable. With the rumors about what could be the iPhone 4S, I am almost 100% sure that it will be my next phone.

I'm in for looking at the new iPhone. Wife and I are looking to upgrade and if it's solid then I may sell my 3GS to a buddy at work who sends them to Vietnam or some shit where he's from. Says I can get good money from it. We'll see.

Overall, I like the iPhone as it just plain works. The guys at work (mostly IT Nerds) are constantly fucking around with their Android phones and perhaps thats why they like them because they can. The sales reps on my team that have droids tolerate them at best. iOS is just plain easy. There's nothing on my iPhone that can't be done that I miss.

You will lose Unlimited Data during the switch, at least that was the case on the AT&T network when I was working there.

That does piss me off as we both have it. However, we both have iPads and wireless around us all the time, so we use it for surfing and streaming at my desk. Even on a big use month when I was streaming 3G I don't think I hit the limit.

Do they still change your plan if you pay full price for the phone and just replace mine? I don't need the discount if I sell ours.

Wait until next week when Google announces the new Nexus phone that will be running on Icecream Sandwich (Android 4.0). Then you can make a fair comparison. 4.0 is suppose to give people the visual ooh and aahh that the iphone has, along with some other cool updates. It will have NFC (Google Wallet), and the one thing I'm very curious about is that rumors say it might have a facial recognition unlock screen based on some leaked files. It will be my next phone.

Wait until next week when Google announces the new Nexus phone that will be running on Icecream Sandwich (Android 4.0). Then you can make a fair comparison. 4.0 is suppose to give people the visual ooh and aahh that the iphone has, along with some other cool updates. It will have NFC (Google Wallet), and the one thing I'm very curious about is that rumors say it might have a facial recognition unlock screen based on some leaked files. It will be my next phone.

My Dixie Wrecked

That does piss me off as we both have it. However, we both have iPads and wireless around us all the time, so we use it for surfing and streaming at my desk. Even on a big use month when I was streaming 3G I don't think I hit the limit.

Do they still change your plan if you pay full price for the phone and just replace mine? I don't need the discount if I sell ours.

You'll need to change your SIM card, which might draw a red flag now since all of the Iphone SIM cards are MICRO SIMS now. Your best bet at trying this is buying your phones and not letting them take a peep at your account in the store. When you get home just call into customer service and tell them you have a new sim card number for them. NOT IMEI! On Verizon I don't know what you would have to do unless the new Iphone is 4g capable. (No IMEI or Sim Card in non 4g Verizon Phones)

My suggestions, stay with Android. Technology in the real world is going to be following android based devices as the future unfolds, not Apples IOS platform. I'm not an Apple hater, as I have a few thousand dollars worth of their products, but when it comes to the phones Androids win IMO.

Wifi? 4g is faster than your home internet. Notice how since the 4g has come out Verizon even dropped their plan down to 2gb of data. The phone companies are thinking into the future already. If you have unlimited data, do whatever you can to keep it, even if that means not upgrading to that IPhone.

Does anyone know how the upgrade pricing works with the iphone? I currently have the iphone 4 on att. ive had it for about 7 months so im not due for an upgrade yet, but i was told that when a new iphone is release everyone is offered the upgrade promotional pricing, regardless of upgrade status. Any ideas?

x2

Does anyone know how the upgrade pricing works with the iphone? I currently have the iphone 4 on att. ive had it for about 7 months so im not due for an upgrade yet, but i was told that when a new iphone is release everyone is offered the upgrade promotional pricing, regardless of upgrade status. Any ideas?

This most likely is true. Every new release of the Iphone they normally let anyone upgrade with promotional price to the newest Iphone version regardless of your previous upgrade date. This was true for the IPhone 4 launch.

This most likely is true. Every new release of the Iphone they normally let anyone upgrade with promotional price to the newest Iphone version regardless of your previous upgrade date. This was true for the IPhone 4 launch.

problem is that i shoulda sold my old phone last week. the market will be flooded with iphone 4's now. FML

I doubt iPhone 5 will have 4G. Also it won't have flash support. Both of these are a huge deal breaker for me. 4G LTE is slower then it should be but still 3G is even slower. If you buy a brand new phone without 4G(whatever teh fux) you are seriously doing it wrong :dumb:

i was told that when a new iphone is release everyone is offered the upgrade promotional pricing, regardless of upgrade status. Any ideas?

I know that the price for the older versions will drop considerably, but I am pretty sure that you have to pay full price.

problem is that i shoulda sold my old phone last week. the market will be flooded with iphone 4's now. FML

Most people don't know that you can get the new phone at promotional pricing regardless. You will see people with broken phones that don't realize they can upgrade for 200 dollars. This will help you sell your older version for a decent price to someone.

I personally will pay full price for a phone before I sign a phone contract, so a person like me would be interested in buying a phone from a 3rd party person in a situation like yourself.

There is no doubt in my mind you can sell your Iphone 4 for 200 dollars to recoup your upgrade cost of the new version.