iPhone Lovers,please. Let us talk.

ODoyle

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my stream keeps cutting out, thank you.

Apple really should set up a "cloud" fucking technically correct and smoothly running stream for these announcements. It's the Apple Geek Superbowl going out on dish network because of a storm. Come on already!! :dumb:

Is it 4G?

No, it's not Verizon LTE 4G. It's still HSDPA, which AT&T calls 4G but AT&T is about to roll out their LTE network.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/10/iphone5apple2011liveblogkeynote1425.jpg

Real 4G is LTE Advanced, no one has it yet.

Why is everyone all "this upgrade sucks, they f-ed up this time"? This is no different than 3G to 3GS.

This is the same as every year, even if they called it "iPhone 19 Advanced with Quattro and Bacon". It's an incremental upgrade from the last one. Too much change and the early adopters cry that they got left behind, not enough and everyone cries anyway. So I can understand they have to fall somewhere in the middle where there are the fewest amount of hipsters crying onto their popped collars.

Why is everyone all "this upgrade sucks, they f-ed up this time"? This is no different than 3G to 3GS.

This is the same as every year, even if they called it "iPhone 19 Advanced with Quattro and Bacon". It's an incremental upgrade from the last one. Too much change and the early adopters cry that they got left behind, not enough and everyone cries anyway. So I can understand they have to fall somewhere in the middle where there are the fewest amount of hipsters crying onto their popped collars.

Agreed. I was gonna say the same comment about 3G and 3GS

was hoping for the 5 but will take the 4gs, gonna sell my 3gs now lol i will keep the gs trend going. Hopefully then I can sell the 4gs for the 5 next summer or fall

That's the part I don't get - the next phone is the next phone regardless of what they call it. Next year's phone will be an incremental upgrade just as all of it's predecessors were.

I'll be holding on to my iP4 but we're definitely going to upgrade the wife's phone from a 3G to this. The 4 would be fine for her, but it looks like this will certainly be worth the extra hundred bucks.

If I was smart, I'd get the 4S for me and giver my 4... :fa:

It's an incremental upgrade from the last one. Too much change and the early adopters cry that they got left behind, not enough and everyone cries anyway. So I can understand they have to fall somewhere in the middle where there are the fewest amount of hipsters crying onto their popped collars.

Besides that, if their information is accurate and the iP4 has sold to levels of 50% of all other iPhones since the launch in 07 then why fuck up what seems to be working. Just tweak it. I think they did more than just tweak it but that's just me. Seems like a nice product now.