Needing a new job

Rhett

Well used car sales are taking a hit and I am being affected by this. I am currently 100% commissioned based and with winter around the corner I am scared for the upcoming market.

So I am looking for something else. I would prefer a automotive based job. I have a few things I would like to do but I am open to all offers.

So please let me know what is out there. If you are an employer I can have a resume to you by the end of today and available to start soon.

Edited by Rhett

It's hard to find a job going into winter in the car business. You might be better off holding out and seeing how things play out. September/October are always weird months anyway.

This, im in new car sales, but i was told it's ALWAYS like this in these two months. I'd just pick up a P/T job.

I just got hired at discover easy job easy to get into. I did my interview and was offered on the spot(awaitng them to call me with pay ect)

I know its not auto but its someething

Night shift? They emailed me about 1/2 dozen times but all for 1-10...id go there but i dont want to be stuck at work til 10 all week...1-2 times a week, maybe, not 5

This, I'm in new car sales, but i was told it's ALWAYS like this in these two months. I'd just pick up a P/T job.

We are open 11-9 Mon-Fri, 9-9 Sat and 11-7 on Sundays. I do not have a set schedule. If I had time for a PT I Would. I know I could work bar backing or bouncing. But It does not fix the various income from my current job.

Anything automotive is a fail during fall... Unless you work at IPS..

I emailed Jeff, Hoping for a call back. That would actually be perfect.

We are open 11-9 Mon-Fri, 9-9 Sat and 11-7 on Sundays. I do not have a set schedule. If I had time for a PT I Would. I know I could work bar backing or bouncing. But It does not fix the various income from my current job.

Boy those hours SUCK!

Boy those hours SUCK!

I don't work all of them, but some days it 9-6, 10-7,11-8 or 1-9 And they always vary. The hours don't bother me much, the main thing is a few pay periods ago I was making $26 an hour then the last one I only made $10. I just want some consistency.

I don't work all of them, but some days it 9-6, 10-7,11-8 or 1-9 And they always vary. The hours don't bother me much, the main thing is a few pay periods ago I was making $26 an hour then the last one I only made $10. I just want some consistency.

You won't find it unless you have been at a location where the majority of your monthly deals are return customers. It's a dreary trek, but I've seen guy who have 70% customer rates and make 60-80k a year doing very little. Of course, they've been at the same place for 8+ years.

You won't find it unless you have been at a location where the majority of your monthly deals are return customers. It's a dreary trek, but I've seen guy who have 70% customer rates and make 60-80k a year doing very little. Of course, they've been at the same place for 8+ years.

Yeah, we have 1 or 2 here that make that much. I do better than most others here. We are all hurting right now. Just with where my financial goals are I need consistent income.

Nick, do you know of any Buyers hiring Service Writers?

Yeah, we have 1 or 2 here that make that much. I do better than most others here. We are all hurting right now. Just with where my financial goals are I need consistent income.

Nick, do you know of any Buyers hiring Service Writers?

I am not sure. I know we aren't. Those positions and parts are usually hard to break in. I don't know if you've tried your place first. I know they just hired one of my former co-workers at Subaru. I can try to ask him if he knows of anything on that side of town.

I can see why a tire place would be in business before the snow hits.

it's hit and miss. I did 32 hours flat rate mon, tues, weds, 25 hours yesterday.

Last week? No where near that.

I personally know someone at about 8 shops around Columbus and we all talk about what work we have during the week. And it's all been slowing down.

My lead tech is on pace for 70K this year... and for a "tire place" that runs a 70% service mix I dont think snow is the answer to why we stay busy, no sense in going back in forth, we just live in a little different world downtown, i'm sure the firestone and goodyears would tell you the same things.

Rhett I'll see ya monday man.

• Upvote 1

Big Ups to Derek!!!

I will be leaving CarMax this week and working with Derek here soon. I want to say Derek was very helpful in helping me out, gave me a chance to come in and talk to him and was up front and very honest. He also was very understanding in me needing to think about my decision to change employers and give me a chance to speak with CarMax. I am excited to be working for him and can already see why most CR member recommend him!!!