Android Nerds, Need Your Assistance

Bigbird

I'm running CM7 on my Thunderbolt, have been for a while now. Battery life has been a ton better than on a Sense ROM, as most of you know. Had my phone on the charger all night, and it was fully charged this morning when I took it off the charger. Now it has seemed like the battery life has been a little bit worse for the past week or so, but nothing like this. Literally 15 minutes after taking it off the charger it was at 19%.

So what gives? I haven't had a chance to wipe battery stats yet, it's on the charger now. Do I need a new battery?

You need to have a custom recovery to do a "battery ass wipe", and for that you need to be rooted. I don't think you can do it with the stock recovery.

Battery is probably on its way out.

EDIT: You can do it with the stock recovery, you just need to be rooted. It's stored under /data/system/batterystats.bin

Just delete that file.

Edited by kickass

Just go buy the extended battery and install BAMF Forever. I always have 4G and screen brightness 50%. Bluetooth always on when in my car for pandora to my radio. From 100% with heavy use(music streaming and texting 200-300+ msg a day) I can get more then 24 hours of use. Money well spent for the larger battery.

Eh, I really don't want the added bulk. I just wiped the battery stats, so we'll see how it goes. One weird thing though, I opened ROM manager and tried to reboot into recovery and all it did was reboot my) phone. When I used the CM7 reboot menu to boot into recovery, it worked.

I've had weird shit like that happen on my evo with cm7 from time to time. Rebooting usually clears it up

Was the first thing I did. Its been good so far since wiping the battery stats. I want a Prime so bad...2000mah battery :masturboy: (rumored)