FS: 86 Jetta Diesel - $500

MackDaddy43

So I'm finally deciding to sell my old jetta diesel. Some members on here saw it one time at sonic. I was planning on fixing it up, or dropping the diesel into another jetta, but I just don't have time or money to do it.

The car ran and drove just fine for about 6 months. I drove it from baltimore to dublin every day for work (36 miles) and put 1.1 gallons in it each day.

It has a pretty good amount of rust on it. Floors, fenders, etc. It doesn't have a passenger seat because the floor is rusted through the seat rails. Also, the wiring is all homemade (prev. owner). Everything to run the car works, but the gauges, wipers, etc don't. I had it licensed and drove it with no problems.

I let a friend borrow it for a while and he ran it out of gas one day. It's been parked since then. I haven't even tried messing with it at all. I think it just needs diesel and primed.

Pros - Engine / drivetrain are in good shape. 5 speed. Gets amazing mpg.

Cons - Rust. Wiring clusterfuck. Doesn't run. Cracked windshield.

Need to get this out of my dads driveway, so somebody take up this deal!

Price is $500 cash, or trade for 5.0 parts. I really need some *low comp forged pistons*

614-638-1820

Cody

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/25612_383224403527_698583527_4012663_5488999_n.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/TheMackOutlet/mess.jpg?t=1298354804

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/TheMackOutlet/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4880.jpg

Edited by rossignolboarder43

I have a friend with an '86 Golf with a 1.6, but the whole turbo setup off of a 1.9, it moves VERY well. I've got a '90 1.6na with gasser gears in it.

I just crushed two jetta shells with a lot less rust, wish I'd waited.

Good luck with the sale, these things are a blast.

I have a friend with an '86 Golf with a 1.6, but the whole turbo setup off of a 1.9, it moves VERY well. I've got a '90 1.6na with gasser gears in it.

what's the scrap value on these things? probably not a whole lot right? It's a pretty small vehicle.

Whore ass whore bitch

Why didn't you let me get the panels I needed like you said you would. Whore

Buy another one for me to do just that...

Whore

• 2 weeks later...
Is the "wiring clusterfuck" the reason its not running?

No the wiring has not changed much since I got it. As I said, it was being daily driven, but was run out of gas. Because of the wiring there is no fuel gauge. That's why, when I was driving it, I filled it every day. My mom's boyfriend didn't understand the importance of it not running out of fuel.

Hey everybody, Haven't been on here in a while. The Jetta is still for sale, and I need it gone before next monday. I'll probably be making a trip out east on saturday morning.

Patterson came and looked at it, and we determined that the engine would need gone through. As in, taken apart and cleaned up, and possibly repaired. Because of this, I'm letting the car go for scrap price.

If someone comes and gets it saturday, they'll take it home for $275. The body and 5sp are definitely worth that. I'd really hate to shred it, but that will have to happen tuesday.