New Jersey F1

CRed05

It's a street circuit :fuckyeah:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/assets/cms/d10fc4f3-9803-4958-8255-a043f6168d04/Large%20Image.jpg?p=111027_10:52

Fans of Formula One, rejoice! A second US Grand Prix has been confirmed, and it's in New Jersey.

It will join the Formula One calendar in 2013 and will be titled, the ‘Grand Prix of America', joining the other ‘Merican race in Austin, Texas that kicks off next year.

The new 3.2m street circuit will run through West New York and Weehawken, with the Manhattan skyline and the banks of the Hudson River serving as a background.

New Jersey state governor Chris Christie said: "The race will be run on existing roads through Port Imperial and at the top of the Palisades. People from the whole world will come to New Jersey to see this unique and exciting course."

Designed by Herman Tilke, the new circuit is described as being similar to Spa but with the feel of Monaco.

BBC F1 pundit and Man With The Smashing Shirts Eddie Jordan told BBC Sport the new race is "the jewel in the crown, not just in terms of America, but in terms of GP racing and brand awareness."

"A race in the centre of a major city has huge upsides," Jordan added. "There are difficulties in terms of getting around, but it pales into insignificance compared with the benefits for the teams, the country, the city, and just the whole euphoria of the thing."

So, digital badgers, does this news excite your racing tentacles, or will it be just another venue for Vettel to show us his Finger Of Victory? And if it were up to you, where else on our little blue planet would you like to see an F1 race?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-jersey-f1-race-confirmed-2011-10-27

New Jersey? Really? New Jersey is going to have world-class facilities on par with other F1 tracks around the world? I'll believe it when I see it. It'll never get built on time and Bernie will drop it like a dead fish. They have no idea about the level of corruption in local "contractors" in NJ. This will only make us look bad.

I still can't believe this is happening. I really worry that it'll flop and make our country look dumb in the process. Why the big push after we already signed up for having Texas on the schedule too? I think Texas will be a great venue and everything the FIA has been looking for in a US F1 circuit. NJ, especially a street circuit, will likely be a bogey.