V6s for secretaries stills?

PRD2BDF

The three popular cars: Dodge Challenger, Chevrolet Camaro, and the Ford Mustang are now available with high horsepower V6s that can pull down 30 MPG

This brings me the question: are they still "sissy cars" now? They equal or exceed former V8 power numbers!

The Camaro's V6 equals the old Ford Mustang's V8 (314 HP vs 315 HP respectively)

And would you buy a V6 in one of these cars?

Discuss

Go ahead and buy a v6 Camaro, the 3.6L VVT is a POS. Of all the new cars we get in at the dealership, the only repeated engine issues come from those engines. I'm talking cars less then 2 years old, I've seen broken rods, stretched timing chains, and rods knocking. We had a Camaro break a rod before we even sold it new, 146 miles. So yeah go get you one.

Go ahead and buy a v6 Camaro, the 3.6L VVT is a POS. Of all the new cars we get in at the dealership, the only repeated engine issues come from those engines. I'm talking cars less then 2 years old, I've seen broken rods, stretched timing chains, and rods knocking. We had a Camaro break a rod before we even sold it new, 146 miles. So yeah go get you one.

That's shitty...

The V6 Camaro wouldn't be a bad daily if you were looking for something more exciting than your general Civic or other daily. 30mpg is more than enough for me, and I love the looks of all the new pony cars. However, if the engine issues are really that bad then you know the answer as far as the Camaro is concerned.

Id drive the new V6 Mustang and I have no secretarial skills

Agreed. i saw a dark grey one with stock black rims, it looked fucking hawt. No v6 badges anywhere. Shit if it gets 30mpg thats just as good as my 2.0 4cylinder jetta and theres no way in hell im getting 300hp.

I would drive a Mustang V6 with a Trak-Pac (or something identical to that). 300 HP, low to mid 14s, and 30 MPG...awesome

That's crappy to hear about the Camaro's V6. I really liked them. I would rock a synergy green V6 Camaro and make it handle like a mofo.

I would think GM would fix the V6 if so many motors are causing issues.

Agreed. i saw a dark grey one with stock black rims, it looked fucking hawt. No v6 badges anywhere. Shit if it gets 30mpg thats just as good as my 2.0 4cylinder jetta and theres no way in hell im getting 300hp.

Ford Must have really did something special to the motor. I drive a 263hp 3.5l in the Fusion and I've yet to see it's rated 27mpg on the highway. More like 24mpg. Average overall for me is 22mpg.

Edited by TTQ B4U

I would drive a Mustang V6 with a Trak-Pac (or something identical to that). 300 HP, low to mid 14s, and 30 MPG...awesome

That's crappy to hear about the Camaro's V6. I really liked them. I would rock a synergy green V6 Camaro and make it handle like a mofo.

I would think that the hard part failures may have been a bad batch of parts in the Camaro. Although just when I think they've sorted out something, it has another issue. They've been screwing with the 3.6VVT for a few years in different chassis and it just doean't impress me at all. Of course I'm a little jaded only seeing broken ones.

From what I've heard, they are supposed to be with an updated version of the motor. Its also getting like 325 HP.

They are actually running in the 13's...

....even the auto's are going 13's. With just a tune they are knocking off another .3 - .5 from that...

With a Procharger they are in the 11.70's......the new V6 Mustang's move out! ;)

If I ever bought a V6 Camaro/Mustang, every time I drive the car I'd tell myself "should have bought the V8."

Unless I got an absolutely insane deal, I wouldn't buy one. Especially when the V8 platforms are so good and have such a huge aftermarket