youngest IPSC shooter in the world...

HotCarl

lately ive been thinking about my next gun and i think i want a fullsize Glock.

Ironically i wanted to stay away from .45 b/c I thought it would be harder to shoot (ive only shot 9mm ever) with larger recoil, then i saw this...

If a 6 year old can shoot a fullsize .45 1911 then why am i being such a bitch about it?

I like my 1911 a lot for a gun to shoot. I originally bought it as my ccw weapon, and it's too bulky. Can easily pull it off in the winter, but I'm gonna pick something else up for next summer. I have a 3 1/2" barrel, and will say the fullsize is much nicer. I'm more accurate with the fullsize over the shorty.

Not completely sure, but don't they generally use light bullets and low charge loads for the competition shooting. Like just powerful enough to cycle the action reliably.

Depends on what power factor you're trying to make. Minor = generally yes, Major = shit's usually loaded hot.

• 3 weeks later...

i AGREE my 1911 is my baby, my rifle is the workhorse/plinker.

It is my opinion that .45 ACP is the best self defense load, period. big bullet hitting like a hammer, but big & slow enough that you avoid overpenetration.