Considering a newer car for around $10-12k

Prodeje79

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pcv valve, diverter valve, cam follower, spark plugs, fuel filter, brake fluid

-driver side window regulator replaced

-AC blows cold and no signs of any issues.

-pvc valve and flapper were recently replaced under some sort of recall

-diverter valve he upgraded to the B8 piston style (what's this mean????)

-cam followers are fine and covered under 10 year/120k mile warranty

-spark plugs recently replaced

-brake fluid recently replaced

hmmm i forgot about the fuel filter, which service is that usually changed under? He has full records and all maint up to date.

Changing the diverter valve (or bypass valve, or recirculation valve) is a good thing. The older ones were crappy diaphragm type valves that were pretty junky. You may even get more powerz yo! Double power bonus if it's chrome or has an R on it.

-driver side window regulator replaced

-AC blows cold and no signs of any issues.

-pvc valve and flapper were recently replaced under some sort of recall

-diverter valve he upgraded to the B8 piston style (what's this mean????)

-cam followers are fine and covered under 10 year/120k mile warranty

-spark plugs recently replaced

-brake fluid recently replaced

hmmm i forgot about the fuel filter, which service is that usually changed under? He has full records and all maint up to date.

I hope you still plan on replacing the follower regardless of what the owner says. Cheap insurance and allows you trouble free driving, especially with a chip.

Fuel filter is something that isn't "required" often, but I will be doing mine soon, along with plugs. I just need to order them.

+1 on diverter valve upgrade being a good thing. I upgraded to the factory 225hp TT model on my A4 some time ago and I think it needs replaced again.

FWIW I'm usually VERY attentive to maintenance things but didn't do my fuel filter until 150k miles and never had an issue. Ran no different after

+1 on diverter valve upgrade being a good thing. I upgraded to the factory 225hp TT model on my A4 some time ago and I think it needs replaced again.

FWIW I'm usually VERY attentive to maintenance things but didn't do my fuel filter until 150k miles and never had an issue. Ran no different after

Yeah, I figured I was doing it way too soon, but I bought the car new, and will keep it forever, so might as well throw it on there.

The seller took the car to the dealer for one last total check-up etc as teh CPO does not transfer to me.

The camshaft warranty does transfer though....

Should I have any concerns over this? This is good right?

"Just an FYI, the dealer just replaced the hpfp and the cam follower today. The service advisor said that the original follower was actually in good shape (so it did not punch a hole into the follower) but there was an internal failure with the actual hpfp so they replaced that, and while at it, they replaced the follower as well. Car is pretty much set, it runs like a champ! "