Official College Basketball 2011-12 Thread

TimTaylor751647545500

Big 10 is better than the ACC (as has been proven the last few years in the Big 10-ACC challenge) now and not too far behind the Big East (especially considering the Big East has about 436 teams). But yeah, with the way CBB is set up, most people just don't care too much until March. OSU does play Nebrasketball tonight at 6:30 though. Need to thrash them to bounce back from that ugly Indiana loss. Not ugly score-wise but lots of bad performances. They'll slaughter Indiana by 15+ in a couple weeks here at home.

Yeah, they looked like shit. I was there in Bloomington to witness that travesty of a game.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team has glaring issues, and they start and end with William Buford.

Craft has also regressed on offense, throwing the ball away on STUPID passes too many times per game.

It's clear we are not the team we thought we were. As fans we got blinded by the duke blowout and thought we were actually that good....We might finish 3rd in the Big Ten this year, I would consider us the most overrated team in the country right now. If we played the NCAA tournament in value city arena we would easily win it all, for some reason we really have never played well on the road.

It's clear we are not the team we thought we were. As fans we got blinded by the duke blowout and thought we were actually that good....We might finish 3rd in the Big Ten this year, I would consider us the most overrated team in the country right now. If we played the NCAA tournament in value city arena we would easily win it all, for some reason we really have never played well on the road.

The team just has not improved since the end of November. Buford has regressed. Craft has regressed. No one is stepping up to be the leader this team needs. The only Sr shits down his leg when the pressure is put on him. Buford and Craft have been liabilities at the end of these last 2 losses with bad shots and turning the ball over. They also have no one who can shoot the damn ball.

The team just has not improved since the end of November. Buford has regressed. Craft has regressed. No one is stepping up to be the leader this team needs. The only Sr shits down his leg when the pressure is put on him. Buford and Craft have been liabilities at the end of these last 2 losses with bad shots and turning the ball over. They also have no one who can shoot the damn ball.

Yeah, we're in a lot of trouble come tournament time unless we can figure it out. I can't believe at one point this season I actually thought this team was better than last years team :dumb:

Craft's poor play against Indiana was very surprising. Buford's for the last few games... not so much. Disappointing but not surprising. Definitely came to the realization last night that this team just isn't as good as everyone thought. Still have a good bit of time to try and get to there before March though.

After doing a quick review of the top Big Ten teams, this is how I see it folding out.

1) Michigan State 24-5 / 14-3

2) Indiana 25-5 / 13-4

3) Michigan 23-5 / 13-4

4) Ohio State 24-6 / 12-5

5) Wisconsin 22-8 / 11-6

6) Illinois 22-8 / 11-6

7) Purdue 20-10 / 10-7

Extremely tough conference this year, We could have 4 teams finish in the top 12 I think.

Diebler's presence on the 3pt line both offensively and defensively is a glaring hole this year.

Lighty was definitely the leader of the team last year as well.

Last year I wouldn't say there was a specific "go to guy" at the end of games. They were such a cohesive team that kind of had that killer instinct to just go to whoever was hot or open for that final shot. Buford just does not have that leadership in him, and thinks that him shooting 8 million shots no matter what is him leading. The final shot in the Indiana game is probably the biggest example of this.

That 3 against Indiana was awful coming from a SENIOR. You're down 2 and you have Jared Sullinger and Zeller is already fouled out. Get the ball into your big man and let him tie the game and maybe even get a 3-point play for the lead. Was just an atrocious decision. I was stunned when it happened.

Diebler's presence on the 3pt line both offensively and defensively is a glaring hole this year.

Lighty was definitely the leader of the team last year as well.

Last year I wouldn't say there was a specific "go to guy" at the end of games. They were such a cohesive team that kind of had that killer instinct to just go to whoever was hot or open for that final shot. Buford just does not have that leadership in him, and thinks that him shooting 8 million shots no matter what is him leading. The final shot in the Indiana game is probably the biggest example of this.

Yeah, I totally agree. Even Matta said that this team lacks leadership and maturity, I don't think we have a chance past the sweet 16 if we can even make it past the 2nd round this year. I think we are looking at a 3 seed so we will play a top caliber small conference school that could possibly shoot the ball well and even beat us in the first round. I know I'm looking way forward but I like to predict the future :fa:

Just a 47" vizio

But it's a 5" upgrade, and the old tv was 10 ms 60hz and 720p, this one is 5ms, 120hz and 1080p.

Only $699 at walmart

Very nice! they have this 70" samsung on base for like $2499 :dumb: but people just stare at its massive size :masturboy:

Would not mind having, but i'm sure it would break somehow within a week of me buying it lol.

I don't think Sullinger is as good this year as he was last year. I said this earlier that the weight loss is allowing him to get pushed around down under, not to mention he is a tweener. OSU is playing a 6'9 guy at center! It might work in the B10, but come tourney time when they face 7 footers (ala Kentucky) he will get worked on. The loss of Diebler is huge!! I agree that this team isn't as good as everyone thought they would be, hopefully they get hot in March

I don't think Sullinger is as good this year as he was last year. I said this earlier that the weight loss is allowing him to get pushed around down under, not to mention he is a tweener. OSU is playing a 6'9 guy at center! It might work in the B10, but come tourney time when they face 7 footers (ala Kentucky) he will get worked on. The loss of Diebler is huge!! I agree that this team isn't as good as everyone thought they would be, hopefully they get hot in March

Diebler is what Sully is missing, not weight.