Official College Basketball 2011-12 Thread

TimTaylor751647545500

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 NBA scouts and as many as 10 NBA players will be in the house tonight. Supposedly Lebron, Wade, Carmelo and Chris Paul will be there since Lebron's Akron homecoming game didn't happen (canceled due to NBA lockout ending). Going to be a crazy atmosphere. Can't wait.

Fucking Duke fans :dumb:

"If Ohio State had beaten Duke at their finest, then I would be worried, but seeing as how they didn't, I'm not."

"It was a spanking, and OSU played great, but they're not as good, nor we as bad as this game portrayed. Championships are won in March and April, not November."

"Overall, Duke played horrible and OSU was great, but this game means close to nothing, IMO. This team just needs to get better on the defensive end and they will be fine. No one is going to go undefeated."

Umm Duke was exposed to night as having no scorers. Two of their players had 38 of their 63 points. Rivers is a beast especially for a freshman and will get even better. However they lack any sort of scoring threat out of him.

That is the breakdown of points scored by their players....Compare that to Ohio States

OSU showed the have more then just Sullinger and Buford who can score. You get Deshaun Thomas in the mix and look out, the kid was a scoring machine in highschool (look up his stats), plus Craft is the best defending point gaurd in the country in my opinion.

Fucking Duke fans :dumb:

"If Ohio State had beaten Duke at their finest, then I would be worried, but seeing as how they didn't, I'm not."

"It was a spanking, and OSU played great, but they're not as good, nor we as bad as this game portrayed. Championships are won in March and April, not November."

"Overall, Duke played horrible and OSU was great, but this game means close to nothing, IMO. This team just needs to get better on the defensive end and they will be fine. No one is going to go undefeated."

Wow, duke fans are rediculous and don't understand when they are outmatched. That is like us making excuses back in the 2006 football national championship saying "well florida didn't play us at our best so we are still the better team."

Duke was well overmatched on both sides of the ball, they lack athleticism and Ohio State doesn't and that was the difference. The Big Ten > ACC.

Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless were making excuses for them as well. They said they appeared to have jet lag legs from playing in Maui. They also said that OSU wasn't as athletic as North Carolina and that Sullinger won't be good in the NBA. I may have to agree with the Sullinger part as i've tried telling one of my buddies that in my opinion he will be a tweener at the next level.

Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless were making excuses for them as well. They said they appeared to have jet lag legs from playing in Maui. They also said that OSU wasn't as athletic as North Carolina and that Sullinger won't be good in the NBA. I may have to agree with the Sullinger part as i've tried telling one of my buddies that in my opinion he will be a tweener at the next level.

Yeah, Sully is a mediocre defender and not incredibly athletic. He's like a bulkier Tyler Hansbrough. Hansbrough started doing OK in the NBA this past season but he'll never be a superstar.

Sully will definitley get drafted and will likely be a lottery pick. That doesn't mean he'll be good in the NBA....plenty of elite college players have turned into bust in the NBA. If Sullinger were to stay for his Jr year I think it would do him good, it'd give him a chance to work on his 3point and mid range shot. 6'9 power forwards with no real leaping ability, aren't a real commodity these days.

Yeah, no doubt he'll be a lottery pick. It's just he's a 4/5 who can't guard either.

While he did drop bad weight in the off-season he didn't seem to gain any explosiveness. That's the biggest thing I was hoping for from his freshman year to his sophomore year.

Also, I hope Lenzelle Smith is going to be OK. Reminds me of a young Lighty. He was all over dudes defensively last night.

I think he is ok, he walked off the court on his own and I saw him jumping around and slapping hands with everyone on the sideline as the game ended. Prob just kept him out since they were up 20!!

I think the player with the best chance of being something in the NBA outside of Buford is Deshaun Thomas. Not many left handed ballers int he league, which helps because defenders tend to always go towards the right hand. Also as said before, dude can score at will lol. Plus he is tall and athletic

Yeah, Smith got up and was walking around and everything towards the end but pretty sure watching the game he kept saying "my ass" lol. Then they showed him going to the bench and he actually couldn't even sit down. Just hope he's good to go for the game in Kansas on Dec. 10th.