Official College Basketball 2011-12 Thread

TimTaylor751647545500

Yeah except Evan Turner landed straight on his back, thus breaking it. BTW I met him at Dicks here in Heath and he was a cool dude.

The compression of how Smith landed is more dangerous. A friend of mine broke her back falling the exact same way......from not as high up.... in a soft riding arena....

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
We really need sullinger to get back soon...but I would rather him sit a few more games if needed and get back to 100% before risking another injury that could be more serious. As long as we can get a #2 seed by the end of the season I think we will be alright, but I think with sullinger back we are the #1 team in the nation.

Yeah, its been confirmed that he's not starting/playing.

Holy shit! Anyone else see the ending of the Xavier/Cincy game? Huge brawl. Guys throwing punches and kicks all over the place. LOTS of suspensions will come out of this one.

Not enough suspensions on either side if you ask me. Another example of how sports are more important than academics at Universities...

Holloway and Lyons should have been suspended a LOT longer and Gates and Mbodj should have been suspended for the season, if not given the boot all together (and this is coming from someone who loves his Bearcats).

Cincy Xavier brawl was awesome

If it were hockey I would agree... sucks in retrospect for both programs and the negativity it gives them to the general public.

Yeah, I was shocked at the announcement of suspensions. I didn't really look at the names of guys or anything but the kid who started it all with the shove should have gotten 10+ games (think it was Lyons) and Gates should have been suspended for the season (like Blount at Oregon a couple years ago) and so should the kid who stomped on Frease's face (guessing that's Mbodj). Then whoever said after the game that they were gangsters (Holloway?) should have a few games tacked on for that. 4- and 6-game suspensions out of that? Just insane.

best part of that game, my cousin played for cincy 2 years ago and was intown watching the game with me. 3 mins left he says, they may beat us in the game, but we about to beat they ass. 2.min 51 secs later. he was like thats wtf im talking about lol. fact cincy players are 95% ghetto as hell. xavier 10% hood. my suprised face was not found

I knew without even hearing the name when the highlights of the fight came up that Yancy Gates would be involved. Dude is fucking scary. Definitely wasn't surprised.

Also, OSU didn't drop at all in either poll. Lost some 1st place votes but stayed at #2 with 7 1st place votes still in the AP and 2 in the coaches. I figured OSU would stay top 5 without really looking at the polls but to not drop at all is pretty funny. Kansas only moved up 1 spot. Pretty much no one gave a shit about that game since Sully didn't play.

best part of that game, my cousin played for cincy 2 years ago and was intown watching the game with me. 3 mins left he says, they may beat us in the game, but we about to beat they ass. 2.min 51 secs later. he was like thats wtf im talking about lol. fact cincy players are 95% ghetto as hell. xavier 10% hood. my suprised face was not found

who is your cousin?

• 2 weeks later...
Big 10 is better than the ACC (as has been proven the last few years in the Big 10-ACC challenge) now and not too far behind the Big East (especially considering the Big East has about 436 teams). But yeah, with the way CBB is set up, most people just don't care too much until March. OSU does play Nebrasketball tonight at 6:30 though. Need to thrash them to bounce back from that ugly Indiana loss. Not ugly score-wise but lots of bad performances. They'll slaughter Indiana by 15+ in a couple weeks here at home.