salvage to rebuild questions

Murse

so insurance totaled out my Del Sol and im keeping it, theyre giving me $3100 for it thats after the $400 to buy it back.

now ive done body works and everything so thats not the question, but what all is involved in getting Ohio State Highway Patrol to inspect it?

Does it have to be back together perfect? Or could i technically show up now and get it inspected?

everything works and is there other than that section of the bumper cover.

http://i42.tinypic.com/do2qzm.jpg

I had to purchase a paper from the DMV for the inspection. Set an appointment with them, then take it in. Mine only took a total of like 20 minutes. As far as I know they just check for safety and to make sure you're not using stolen parts?

Simple process really.

1. Thats alot of money for the bank to give for a del sol. lol

2. Do the repairs, keep receipts for all parts purchased or make up receipts either way make sure you have them, including for any work you have done. Make appointment to get inspected(take receipts and possibly before and after pics). Take inspection slip to

get title changed.

Some of the parts I'll be getting of eBay, will those receipts work too?

Yeah it's low miles and they go for around 3500, so I figured that was reasonable.

Thank you DMV! Those papers are soooo worth $50 frickin dollars

Some of the parts I'll be getting of eBay, will those receipts work too?

Yeah it's low miles and they go for around 3500, so I figured that was reasonable.

Thank you DMV! Those papers are soooo worth $50 frickin dollars

Not sure how that would work. Maybe the confirmation page you get when you buy it. Maybe also get the seller to maybe write something up real quick, listing the parts, any and all serials that are on the parts. Then sign it:dunno:

Could always call the inspection place and ask.

Fix the headlight, flatten out the hood, remove loose portion of bumper cover, and take it in for inspection. Then fix it. They're just making sure that you don't have stolen parts, and it will be much less of an assache if you fix it after it's been inspected. If you do repair it before you take it in, you will definitely need a source vin and a receipt for every used part on the car (even the ones from ebay). New parts just need a receipt. Also, if the used part you are installing has a vin sticker on it, like a fender/hood/door, don't remove it, even if you're removing it to paint the part. They really don't like that. Before photos are always a good idea, as someone else already mentioned.