starting manual monte project

Shawn89

So I started gathering parts to change my monte carlo ss 86 over to a 5 speed. I'm using a t5 for now because I'm not ready to do a t56 because my back pocket isn't that fat lol. But I got a t5 wc out of a 99 camaro. Now I need to find out what bell housing clutch flywheel combo I should use. Can anyone help? I've got a 350 in my monte to.

As far as the clutch and flywheel go, just count the splines on the input shaft, as long as you match the clutch to that you could get just about any clutch and flywheel for a small block chevy with a matching spline count (shaft size matters too though) but that's a nice thing about a sbc, most parts will fit any sbc.

So I can use the 4.3 bellhousing..ill find one lol. Ill messure my input shaft tonight and report back on that. If anyone really wants pics pm me and ill send a few to your phone. I don't have a computer just my phone lol

So I can use the 4.3 bellhousing..ill find one lol. Ill messure my input shaft tonight and report back on that. If anyone really wants pics pm me and ill send a few to your phone. I don't have a computer just my phone lol

90* 3.8/4.3 bellhousing from a Astro Van, it'll be canted 17* to match the trans, disc to match the trans, pressure plate to match the flywheel, it "should" be a 153 tooth. Try to go hydraulic for the T.O.B. It's been a while, but that should be the correct combo.

2.8 was a 60* V6. Totally different block pattern.

90* 3.8/4.3 bellhousing from a Astro Van, it'll be canted 17* to match the trans, disc to match the trans, pressure plate to match the flywheel, it "should" be a 153 tooth. Try to go hydraulic for the T.O.B. It's been a while, but that should be the correct combo.

2.8 was a 60* V6. Totally different block pattern.

And it has to be from a 3.8/4.3 with a t5 right?

What can I pull a t10 bellhousing out of? Is that what's in the s10s and blazers, because I looked at a few in the junk yard and the trannys themselfs look way differnt that the t5 and had no id tag on the side like a t5. Sorry for the dumb questions but I don't know a great deal about gm transmissions.