Who actually uses the USPS?

KillJoy

Watching the news, the USPS is making big cuts and changing the way they do things.

We have a PO Box, but we will not be renewing it after this year. We pay all bills Online. Email, texting and Facebook keep us in touch with our friends and family. Fed Ex and UPS Ship faster.

Who still used the Post Office for anything?

:confused:

KillJoy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get everything shipped to my house USPS Priority. Most things i order online come from california and with priority shipping (usually $2-3 more, depending) it will arrive 2 days later! I've NEVER been happy with UPS and FedEx. With either leaving stuff that needs a signature (high dollar items) or not leaving something and then it's days until I can pick it up. FedEx actually put one package under my back steps but I didn't know that and I looked around all over, multiple calls to them telling them it's not here, they actually had to call the carrier to ask where he put it. UPS just throws thing around and doesnt care if it says fragile.

I've ALWAYS been happy with the USPS. Plus it helps to know exactly when she arrives everyday so if it is something that needs a signature I can plan on when to be home so as to not miss it. The others you never know when it will arrive.

Plus they deliver on Saturday (for now atleast) where as its a shit ton more to get UPS to do that. So I can place my last minute order online Thursday and know it will be here Saturday and I don't have to wait all the way till Monday.

I like USPS but, just as an example, I see the mailman in my complex texting in his [government provided] van, texting on his [government provided] cell phone, adding to his [government provided] paycheck until 5 before 5 when he's due back at the office.

3 day a week delivery would be perfect IMO as long as they could still guarantee next-delivery-date service.

Worlds better than fighting with UPS.

But I hate that we are subusidising all of this junk mail. It's the epitome of wastefulness.

Probably 1 out of every 10 pieces of mail I receive might not be junk mail and probably 1 out of every 10 of those are things I actually need to get in the mail.

I've probably use them more in the last few months than I would have every imagined, with Joe being over seas. Flat rate boxes to APOs FTW.

USPS bring me my junk mail.

If they were to go down to 3 delivery days per week, I wouldn't notice.

This.

However i do use Flat Rate boxes a few times a year, nothing about the postal service is all that important in my life.

I however have never had any issues with UPS and thier tracking system is a fuckload better than the USPS

As far as most bills and notices through USPS are concerned, that shit is gradually being phased out. Old people still want all their bills mailed to them, but most people nowadays would rather just pay them online. Companies are well aware of this, it's just a matter of time. Some of you said you wouldn't notice if USPS only delivered three times a week. Well at some point in our lifetime that will probably happen.

My friend had a new flat screen come Fed Ex. She was out of town so they hopped her fence and set it on her front porch in all it's blazing glory for the world to see. She doesn't live in the greatest neighborhoods so screw Fed Ex.

She came home from the gym one day to find a UPS "Sorry we missed you" note. She called and they said they tried to deliver it twice although it was checked "First attempt" and she hadn't seen another. She had to fight tooth and nail to get her package. It was ostrich jerky she ordered. Screw UPS.

I am surprised the company I work for still deals with UPS. The fuckers leave packages all over the place or out in bad weather. Then when you file a claim, it takes 8 days plus for them to research it and "make" a decision. I can't imagine how much money is out floating around covering UPS while they "research" the situation.