Guy spray paints car, gets ass beat. Discuss.

Mallard

Being the anniversary of the Peal Harbor attack, a retired Navy vet saw a Mitsubishi EVO and proceeded to spray paint "12-7 USN" on the side of it. He was caught in the act by the owner, who beat the crap out of him, then slammed his leg in a car door to keep him from fleeing. The owner then pulled out his cell phone and recorded a video of him cussing the guy out. The vet ended up with a broken nose, broken leg, and other cuts and bruises.

Now, the vet is definitely in the wrong for vandelizing the car, but did the owner take it too far? Do you think this constitutes assult?

P.S. He got the paint off with WD-40.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t30/Dapper_Dan1972/IMAG0238.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t30/Dapper_Dan1972/IMAG0237.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t30/Dapper_Dan1972/IMAG0236.jpg

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Pbek9p2WE

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was to much. If some stranger went out of their way to try and screw my things up I don't know when I would stop if I caught them in the act. I always see these things is the person brought it on himself because he has no idea who he is screwing with. What if the owner was Japanese and tried to stop he but couldn't hold his own. What would he have done?

I guess I am the minority here. Did the guy attempt to flee? Was the crime stopped long before he continued to beat his ass? How many of you know that POWs were used as slave labor? What about the fact that many of those POWs were leased out as cheap labor to Japanese companies? Or that Mitsubishi was one of those companies? Or that POWs watched their fellow POWs beheaded for not working hard enough? Do I think that gives the vet the right? No. Do I think the guy took it to far? Yes. If he sucker punched the guy while he was painting...okay. If he tackled him and broke a leg as he was trying to flee...okay. however, he beat him to the point that he was able to place the guys leg in the door and slam it breaking the leg. If you have any ounce of fight in you. you are not going to be held in that position while someone breaks your leg. The guy was obviously no threat at that point. It could easily have been the vets father that was on of those beheaded POWs. He snapped and needed stopped. He didn't need to the point that he may have a permanent disability. (And yes a broken leg could result in trouble walking for the rest of his like so it is a permanent disability.)

IMO the broken leg was too far. The ass beating....he deserved it. I would have certainly punched anyone in the cocksucker I caught spray painting on my car.

Moral...Don't mess with other peoples stuff because your putting yourself in a position where you may just get your ass beat and leg broken!!

Just my $0.02.

Edited by 04SVT
To put in a moral :)

I'm thinking this could have gone much differently. Car owner could have took a video with his phone of the guy spraying the car (since it sounds like they "caught him in the act"), gotten his license plate and van description and called the cops. With that evidence, they could have easily arrested the guy. So many better ways to have handled this than what happened.

I'm thinking this could have gone much differently. Car owner could have took a video with his phone of the guy spraying the car (since it sounds like they "caught him in the act"), gotten his license plate and van description and called the cops. With that evidence, they could have easily arrested the guy. So many better ways to have handled this than what happened.

x2

And then self defense if the matter escalated after then vandalism.

Being in the military doesn't give you the freedom to break the law whenever you please. Had the car owner called the cops, nothing would have come of it. I'm not going to say the car owner was in the right, but I still think the ass beating was deserved. You don't fuck with someone else's car

Hey next time someone bust one of your windows out, make sure you grab your cell phone before reacting, take good pictures of the culprit and ask him for his shoe size as he flees on foot....

Not calling anyone in paticular out, but the Johnny Do-Rights in this thread are cracking me up. You have no idea how you would react until you were put in that situation first hand. I personally would prob snap if I caught someone vandalising my property and odds are many of those saying it was too far, would be doing the same. Idc if the dudes a vet or not, that doesn't give him the right to be a royal asshole. Its the same principle as someone trying to break into your house/garage and you shoot their ass, did you over react or was it deserved?

How can anyone know what would or would not have happened if he had?

I think it's a pretty safe bet that had the cops been called, he would not have received a penalty for his actions on par with the beating he got. It's also very likely that the penalty he would have received would not have been enough to prevent this behavior in the future.

Hopefully getting his butt handed to him in direct consequence of his actions will prevent him from committing another hate crime in the future. I would have far less hope if he had just received a fine and a night in jail.