Re-power suggestion for '77 vette

Boydness

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m509/Boydness/Corvette_001-1.jpg

I am soliciting re-powering suggestions for my vette.

I've missed the last several years of advancements, so I am open to considering any options. I will use the suggestions to start researching the option.

Requirements:

She should be respectable at the track and presentable on the street.

Preferably, capable of driving herself to another state.

I am willing to reshape the floor and firewall to accommodate.

I was even thinking about a "Mighty Mouse" 305 setup, like the Malibu: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494

I like the thought of a 20+ mpg vette.

Maybe something utilizing MegaSquirt or otherwise non-carb.

Throwing me some options and maybe a guesstimate on expense.

I am thinking that I might use one of the set-ups for one of my wagons. Incidentally, if someone has a Ford 351M suggestion, I would especially like to hear it. I have a neighbor working to convince me that it is a great powerplant.

:zoom:

I'm pretty sure that rear end is complete junk and anything much more than stock it does not like to hold the power. I'd change the rear and do an lsx swap or sell the car to me ;)

Rear end seems to be just fine in his vette right now. Has a decently healthy 355 in it currently.

a 4g63 is a very interesting option, and like most cars it can be done, but it would probably cost a good ammount if someone hasn't already built a direct swap kit, personally I would stick with a gm drivetrain, I know a 4.3 could be decently built and still bolt to any tranny a small block can if saving weight (or shifting it back anyhow) is a goal, but I tend to agree with the lsx guys, very tough motors, just drop one in and spray your way to your goal.

I actually admire this guy's creativity, or simple lack of knowledge of the LSx. To me, this would be a no-brainer in favor of the LSx and T56. However, there are some interesting ideas in here.

I'm also curious about your neighbor's fascination with the 351M. This has been a problematic/anemic power plant for many people over the years. I'm sure they can be done properly with enough money, but then anything can in that respect.

I actually admire this guy's creativity, or simple lack of knowledge of the LSx. To me, this would be a no-brainer in favor of the LSx and T56. However, there are some interesting ideas in here.

I'm also curious about your neighbor's fascination with the 351M. This has been a problematic/anemic power plant for many people over the years. I'm sure they can be done properly with enough money, but then anything can in that respect.

I've considered the LSx C3 conversion, there are a few out there: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-tech-performance/2226401-c3-lsx-conversion-directory.html

I should have clarified, the 351M is more for the conversion of one of my wagons, than the vette. Although, I think that I would prefer the cummins over the 351M.