Drive

zeitgeist57

Movie...with Ryan Gosling. Great film. I love the cheesy 80s influences, the great camera angles...really draws you in. Great acting on Ryan's part as well.

Oh yeah...waaaaay better "car-guy-movie-with-a-legit-storyline" movie than Fast and Furious...

I shit you not when I say I just finished watching that a couple minutes ago. I felt like I was watching a movie written and directed by a guy who lived in the 80's/only watched 80's movies. Decent movie. Not alot of dialogue but a lot of dramatic stills. Little slow after the beginning but picks back up. Not the best movie I've ever seen but worth the watch.

I compare it to the newer Miami Vice (with Jamie Foxx)...more cinematography/soundtrack than with a 130-page script. Loved the way I felt while watching it...

EDIT: Only bitch I have is the vocals were really quiet. I had to keep going back a few seconds and cranking up the volume to hear the dialogue.

I compare it to the newer Miami Vice (with Jamie Foxx)...more cinematography/soundtrack than with a 130-page script. Loved the way I felt while watching it...

EDIT: Only bitch I have is the vocals were really quiet. I had to keep going back a few seconds and cranking up the volume to hear the dialogue.

The vocals were an issue for me, as well. I'd turn it up for the vocals and then get blasted out by a car scene and turn it back down.

I did expect a bit more driving, too.

Hated this movie. I felt ripped off. It said "Drive" so I thought that it might be full of driving.

Nope. 5 minutes of actual driving and 80 or so minutes of silence and staring.

What a rip-off.

that s exactly how I felt....good acting on Gosling's part but still a terrible film overall

Hated this movie. I felt ripped off. It said "Drive" so I thought that it might be full of driving.

Nope. 5 minutes of actual driving and 80 or so minutes of silence and staring.

What a rip-off.

I felt the same when I went to see fast & furious but watched 2 hours of civics and 30 seconds of Charger.

I did really enjoy Drive though.

• 1 month later...
I just watched this tonight going in with low expectations and was blown away. The cinematography and music really set a cool atmosphere for the movie and it quickly became one of my favorites. The calm, collected driver is a great character. If you're a blockhead budweiser drinker looking for an hour of gay car chases and explosions you won't like this movie.

I just watched this tonight going in with low expectations and was blown away. The cinematography and music really set a cool atmosphere for the movie and it quickly became one of my favorites. The calm, collected driver is a great character. If you're a blockhead budweiser drinker looking for an hour of gay car chases and explosions you won't like this movie.

I heard this movie was full of fail and herps, but that was coming from a budweiser drinking blockhead.

Yup,

Great movie if you aren't the F&F crowd.

• 5 months later...
Still a great movie...good background flick when chilling at night...

Watched it for the first time maybe a month or two ago and have probably watched it 6-7 times since then like you said, as a background movie. Just put it on and do other stuff. Great music and everything else.

Also just because Gosling is in this, I watched The Ides of March the same day I watched Drive for the first time. Gosling is really starting to pull a DiCaprio where he goes from being this teeny bopper heartthrob to an incredible actor in great movies. Still a long way to go before he catches up to what DiCaprio has done in the last decade or so but he seems to have the potential if he keeps choosing good movies.