F-body big brakes

gbracing81

I'm about due for new brakes on my 99 T/A. Has anyone here put larger brakes on thier F-body? I have 17/18" wheels. I'm thinking maybe Corvette stuff. I've seen online some people make brackets to adapt C5 stuff for the front but not the rear.

There are lots of ways to do front brakes, not so much for the rear, and short of road racing the rears aren't really worth all the trouble IMHO. The trouble with the rears is the movement you get in the c-clip axles pretty much neccesitates a floating caliper, most "performance" brakes used fixed calipers not alowing for that movement. Hence why Corvette and CTS-V brakes aren't easily adapted to the rear.

If you buy the brackets to do the Corvette front brakes you can use either C5 or C6 brakes since the spindles are the same on the Vette. However there are some good write-ups on doing CTS-V brakes, and I like this option better.

I have a 9" so the c-clip problem is not there. The car comes wih descent brakes from Pontiac. I was more or less curious if anyone here had heard or knew of somehing better. There's a lot of information roaming around this site. If you don't ask, they won't tell. :)

There are several good reasons for it. I keep making the car faster and I feel that it's more important to make the car handle and stop before I make it too much faster.

How fast are you trying to make the car? Are you trying to do autocross x events or drag racing?

• 1 month later...