WTF 256 gb CF card?!?!

Murse

i remember when i had a 128mb SD card and that was the shit. i could transfer music everywhere!! now i could barely get a song onto one and hobos throw them out cuz they arnt worth anything!

next time i go to microcenter ill be looking for them in the checkout bins.

i haddent bought SD cards in along time, but i just got the GoPro Hero2 and so i had to go get one, i still cant believe i got a 16gb class 10 microcenter branded one for $15. its amazing how technology grows!

the 400x speed i guess, if your shooting HD with like a 16+ MP camera at 1080P at 120+ FPS maybe. but if im dropping 1G on a CF card, more than likely its a production Co. and it wont be just one card min. of 2, and more than likely not just one camera either. i think im just going to buy a RED Scarlet-X and skip the CF card and go with a cheaper SSD drive

Sadly Microcenter is no longer carrying IPSG (their house brand) CF cards. Apart from embedded industrial systems (because they're pin-compatible with the parallel ATA standard) and Canon, nobody seems to be using them anymore.