4 guys, 1 girl, one guitar.

Buck531

truth? got any evidence to support that?

Pay attention to the drumbeat and the kids fingers. There is NO way to get the vocals that clear with them being in a living room and not have a voc mic on him.

Basically it's all in the recording of the music. Having seen what it takes to get that quality of a sound. It's also pretty well known by now that they recorded it in a studio then made the video the match as closely as possible, which wouldnt be too hard.

Cliffs: I'm sitting here with the sound engineer from redbull records and he says it's a prerecorded track. I believe him.

Pay attention to the drumbeat and the kids fingers.

That could just be a lipsync issue. An issue with the way the recorded it, how they compressed it, something YT did to it during upload, your computer decompressing it. It would probably be (very) hard to see the timing being off by that little in voices or the guitar, but easier with something that quick.

There is NO way to get the vocals that clear with them being in a living room and not have a voc mic on him.

But that does sound completely plausible.

Vocally impossible to get that quality by recording it the way the video perceives they did. Since the vocals are recorded, there is no logical thing in my head that tells me they lived tracked the guitar whatever playing. Im not discarding what they did, just pointing out how it's possible. Personally I love the song.

The vocal clarity is amazing, so I agree it was probably prerecorded. However the way they are arranged it is totally possible for all of them to be playing.

The main verse singer is simply playing the bass line on what looks to ve the low E. Where he is fretting makes me think the guitar is tuned wierd because he is playing the notes. D and C.

The chorus vocalist is playing that melody line on what looks to be the B and G string. The chick is also using those strings when playing what looks to ve 7th chords(I haven't tried to learn her part yet). Since he is strumming above her fretting hand, they can use the same strings.

Prerecorded or not, it's an amazin piece. The vocal harmonies at the end are mind blowing as is the performance.

One more think speaking towards the vocal clarity. I have watched some of thier other videos where they are throwing instruments around. You can hear the sound of them catching the instruments, and the vocal clarity is still amazing.

It could just be really amazing post production work.

Sorry for any mistakes. I am typing on my phone in a meeting. :)

I watched thier Karma police video, and it's "making of video" the vocal quality there makes me think the op video is recorded live, and then tweaked with eq/filters in post production.

As i said in my previous post the guitar part isn't that hard, but the vocal clarity is what is amazing/suspect.

Love it though, can't stop listening.

Here's the original artist's version, which is pretty amazing as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccvqSF5JHdc

I went and listened to the original immediately afterward. I do like it, but I think I may actually like the cover more. That's pretty rare for me. (For example, the cover of the N.I.N. song Hurt by Johnny Cash, is another.) I like the different voices as they contrast and yet, still mix well; in my no-music-pro-speak 'talk'. ;) The middle guy who sings chorus has a bit of Sting-ish sound to me, as well.

Does the guy on the far right remind anyone of an actor or some other person who's been on tv? Has that same kinda face, similar beard?