Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just insanely bad luck for the Terps. And add that they had their actual starting QB transfer to Wisconsin in the off-season so they've basically gone through 5 QB's. The OSU website lists 5 QB's. Never heard of the Levi Ratliff kid though (freshman walk-on). So if OSU lost the 5 listed QB's they'd probably go to walk-on LB Ross Oltorik (plays baseball and played QB in HS) or maybe Orhian Johnson. He had a couple offers out of HS to play QB (at Indiana and USF or UCF, one of the smaller FL schools).

Going to the Illinois game with my buddy who just got out of the Army and is back home. This will be his first OSU game so I am pretty excited for it

I'll see you there.

1st game this season for me. I do have some extra tickets if anyone want to go. 50 yard line, first row, C deck tickets ;).

Fun fact for the Braxton fans, he is Urbans first and only 1000 yard rusher

Really thought you were wrong on this because I thought Tebow had a 1,000 yard season (either as a sophomore or junior) and thought the 1,000 yard rusher thing only applied to RB's under Urban. That's pretty crazy.

I think if Hyde didn't get hurt and miss a couple games he could have come close too. Heck, if he has a few big games to finish the season he could still get there. But with Rod Smith showing well with his opportunities Carlos probably won't be getting 25 carries a game down the stretch.

Really thought you were wrong on this because I thought Tebow had a 1,000 yard season (either as a sophomore or junior) and thought the 1,000 yard rusher thing only applied to RB's under Urban. That's pretty crazy.

I think if Hyde didn't get hurt and miss a couple games he could have come close too. Heck, if he has a few big games to finish the season he could still get there. But with Rod Smith showing well with his opportunities Carlos probably won't be getting 25 carries a game down the stretch.

Thats what you get for thinking and second guessing me son! :) Braxton has carried the ball the same exact times as Carlos and Rod combined, another fun fact...you can check that shit too haha. Just busting your balls a little since I am the one usually getting them busted haha.

I am interested in seeing how this Saturday goes, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the starters getting some rest heading into the bye week to keep everyone healthy for Wisky and Michigan. Illinois is terrible plain and simple, it should really be a blowout by halftime, which would give the 2nd and 3rd string guys some playing time and avoid the chance of an injury to key guys

Tebow had 895 his sophmore year and 910 his senior year. The 09 Gators offense was ridiculous running the ball.

Tebow- 910

Demps-745

Rainey- 575

Moody- 378

Gillislee- 267

This has trap game written all over it. Also, stupid Illinois usually plays Ohio State tough.

My order of dislike for teams in the B10:

Wisconsin

Michigan

Illinois/Purdue (tie)

Penn State

Northwestern

Michigan State

Iowa/Nebraska (tie)

Minnesota

Indiana

This has trap game written all over it. Also, stupid Illinois usually plays Ohio State tough.

Wisconsin

Michigan

Illinois/Purdue (tie)

Penn State

Northwestern

Michigan State

Iowa/Nebraska (tie)

Minnesota

Indiana

Why all the hate for michigan? Is it because you're still dwelling on an old rivalry between coach's? Michigan already won their main rivalry.

Wisconsin

Michigan

Illinois/Purdue (tie)

Penn State

Northwestern

Michigan State

Iowa/Nebraska (tie)

Minnesota

Indiana

That's about right....As far as coaches my top 2 most hated are cry baby Bielema and cry baby Dantonio. I don't mind Brady Hoke, I'm hoping he can get Michigan's program back to where it was and renew the rivalry. He also has no issue with Urban's recruiting strategies like the two cry babies I mentioned previously.

That's about right....As far as coaches my top 2 most hated are cry baby Bielema and cry baby Dantonio. I don't mind Brady Hoke, I'm hoping he can get Michigan's program back to where it was and renew the rivalry. He also has no issue with Urban's recruiting strategies like the two cry babies I mentioned previously.

I find Hoke mildly annoying, but tolerable. I'm with you on Bielema and Dantonio being crybabies. I've been trying to hold on to some semblance of affection for Dantonio - considering what he did for Ohio State - but the more I see him the more I just dislike him. I don't like - or even understand - when coaches are so fucking aggravated all the time. Saban is another guy like that. Sure, you don't have to be all buddy-buddy with everyone all the time, but, for fuck's sake, you're getting paid a shit-ton of money in a dream/quasi-dream job. Lighten the fuck up already.

I like Dantonio... I wasn't nearly as upset when he left than when BK left... For one, he didnt hide it, and at hte time it was well known that UC was just a stepping stone school. BK raised our hopes and told us to change that mentality, then used us as one, lol.

I will say... UC is clearly a solid foundation for launching successful coaching careers:

Urban Meyer (played at UC)

John Harbaugh (asst coach)

Rex Ryan (D.C.)

Mike Tomlin (D.B. coach)

Mark Dantonio (head coach)

Brian Kelly (head coach)

Joker Philips (WR/DB coach - does he count as a good head coach? lol)

Jimbo Fisher (QB coach)

Tim Murphy (head coach)

Interesting fact, Rick Mentor (now DC at UK) hired a lot of the coaches above...

Of course, UC is not nearly as notable as Miami(oh) and their "cradle of coaches" lol