Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCarron is a game manager, to me he is Craig Krenzel. I dont know what ESPN would do without an SEC player in the Heisman race honestly.

Craig Krenzel was more dynamic which made him a bit more than just a game manager.

Anyway, if he goes for 25 td and 0 int with 250 attempts, he deserves some votes. Game manager or not, that is impressive

B1G is bad but still better than the Big East.

Yup, if you believe/follow ESPN, they do a weekly "power rankings" for hte conferences based on AP and Computer ranking compiled together... BE has dropped like a rock from being in 4th, while B1G has risen from 6th.... It looks pretty accurate to me, though I would argue that the BE is better than the ACC, since we have a winning record over them this year, pretty handily

(rank) (conf) (AP) (Computer)

1 SEC 1 2

2 Big 12 3 1

3 Pac-12 2 3

4 Big Ten 5 4

5 ACC 4 6

6 Big East 6 5

No game this weekend of course but nevada posted a projected starting OL for OSU in 2013 to keep things interesting...

LT - Taylor Decker

LG - Andrew Norwell

C - Jack Mewhort

RG - Corey Linsley

RT - Chase Farris

Means Hall goes to bench, Mewhort back to center and Farris is a beast.

I thought Farris was going to be a Cam Heyward type of DL for OSU coming out of HS but being a great offensive tackle would be nice too considering how poorly Bollman recruited there his last couple years.

So a current starter who will be a senior is going to be benched and 2 guys with little to no expierence are going to the be the starting tackles? Wasn't Decker supposed to start over Fragel this year as well lol.

I think a better projection would be:

LT - Jack Mewhort

LG - Andrew Norwell

C - Corey Linsley

RG - Marcus Hall

RT - Taylor Decker

If it isn't broke, why fix it? I feel the line has played really well considering there is a TE starting at RT.

Speaking of rumors, word is OSU is gonna go back to the Gray stripes on the sleeves permanantly starting with the Michigan game, thank god!! Bring me the big numbers from the 90s and I would be a happy man.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/gottaBgunner/Eddie_George.jpg

nevada always said Fragel was going to be the starter and the Decker rumblings were motivational.

I too think it's probably best to just plug Decker in Fragel's place and keep on chugging but I'm not the OL coach. Urban has mentioned Farris' name for like 3-4 weeks straight in pressers and we finally got to see him play some OL for the first time this past week. If he's really that good then he'll play.

If it isn't broke, why fix it?...

...word is OSU is gonna go back to the Gray stripes on the sleeves permanantly starting with the Michigan game...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/gottaBgunner/Eddie_George.jpg

OH THE IRONINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Seriously, no, fuck that gray shit.

No game this weekend of course but nevada posted a projected starting OL for OSU in 2013 to keep things interesting...

LT - Taylor Decker

LG - Andrew Norwell

C - Jack Mewhort

RG - Corey Linsley

RT - Chase Farris

Means Hall goes to bench, Mewhort back to center and Farris is a beast.

I thought Farris was going to be a Cam Heyward type of DL for OSU coming out of HS but being a great offensive tackle would be nice too considering how poorly Bollman recruited there his last couple years.

Not gonna happen. Hall will noft be benched. Mewhort will stay at LT.

I wasn't sure if nevada was just posting something to be intriguing during a bye week or if he had actual info but his posting this morning leads me to believe the latter. Said Decker and Farris will be solid bookends for the OL for the next 2-3 years.

I wasn't sure if nevada was just posting something to be intriguing during a bye week or if he had actual info but his posting this morning leads me to believe the latter. Said Decker and Farris will be solid bookends for the OL for the next 2-3 years.

I don't believe it. Boren and decker will be the first ones in. That leaves Mewhort at.tackle. Boren is the 2nd in now even after missing camp from surgery

Boren isn't a tackle though, he is a center, such a good center that he basically ran a kid out of school because a true freshman passed him on the depth chart.

Edit: It was Brian Bobek who transfered out after little Boren passed him on the depth chart. Bobek was the #1 center in the 2011 class, i'd say Boren is going to play center here at tOSU

I don't believe it. Boren and decker will be the first ones in. That leaves Mewhort at.tackle. Boren is the 2nd in now even after missing camp from surgery

The only reason I kinda buy it is because of the praise Meyer continues to give to Farris (did so again today on his call-in show) publicly. What you're saying makes the most sense to any of us. I'm just posting what nevada's saying.

The only reason I kinda buy it is because of the praise Meyer continues to give to Farris (did so again today on his call-in show) publicly. What you're saying makes the most sense to any of us. I'm just posting what nevada's saying.

I think Farris will be first off the bench next year, giving the line some much needed depth. I just don't believe mewhort could beat out Boren, and don't think that hall gets sat.

Better question is who are the starting linebackers next year outside of Shazier or who is the starting D-Line since 3 of them are leaving and possibly 4 with Hankins. Who starts at DB and even more so who starts at DB should Roby leave early. You very well could be replacing 9-10 starters on defense

Simon

Hankins

Goebel

Williams

Sabino

Boren/Klein

Roby

Howard

Johnson

Hoping Roby stays. Hankins is probably gone.

DB is fairly easy if Roby stays because Johnson wasn't technically a starter. You'd still have Roby, Bryant and Barnett then toss Doran Grant at the other CB position. Hopefully Bogard recovers quickly enough from his ACL to be the Star.

Linebacker... yeah... need some young guys to step up. Curtis Grant especially. Staff seems to like Cam Williams a lot. Josh Perry too. Then you hope guys like Marcus and Perkins start learning the defense a bit since they're fantastic athletically.

DL... starters with Hankins gone would likely be Spence, Schutt/Washington, Hale and Bennett. Miller has supposedly been great in practice but hasn't shown much of anything on game day. And I think incoming freshman Joey Bosa is going to see some playing time early just like Spence, Washington and Schutt did this year.

So my projected starting defense for next year with absolutely no solid info on anything...

DE - Noah Spence

DT - Adolphus Washington

NT - Joel Hale

DE - Michael Bennett

OLB - Ryan Shazier

MLB - Cam Williams

OLB - Josh Perry

CB - Bradley Roby

S - Christian Bryant

S - CJ Barnett

CB - Doran Grant

Every single one of those guys has played meaningful minutes this season thanks to injuries so I think it actually looks pretty good.