Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I particularly dislike Penn State, especially when we play at Happy Valley. I find this victory especially satisfying. The only B10 team I'd enjoy beating more at their place is Wisconsin. Both those teams can die in a dumpster fire.

Speaking of dumpster fires, Florida LOL and USC LOL. Both of you can fuck off.

PSU considers OSU to be a pretty big rivalry so I love it when OSU beats them in their place. Same with Wisconsin although I'd almost consider Wisconsin to be a more legitimate rival to OSU than PSU is. PSU had their big win in 2005 and an iffy win in 2008 against Pryor as a freshman but Wisconsin took OSU out in 2010 which was an awesome team. But maybe they did OSU a favor since that season ended up vacated anyways.

Did anyone besides me watch the USC/Arizona game? It was like watching NCAA 12 for playstation 3. Lee for USC is an absolute monster plain and simple. Idk what the hell happened to USC lol, I seriuosly think they might end up with 4 losses, Oregon and Notre Dame still on the roster

Not sure if I said it in this thread but I've said it before, ND could be back. Under Weis they did lots of things right offensively but never defensively. Kelly proved at Cincinnati that he could do it right offensively and went to ND and started acquiring high level defensive recruits and this is what you get.

Haha, ND just add another TD ;)

Congratulations on the win. I didn't watch the game, but judging from the final score it wasn't much of one. I'll PM you and we can work out settling up on that Mobil 1 I owe you.

Also allow me to publically extend thanks to Big Game Bob and Chokelahoma for helping to lighten my wallet.

Notre Dame absolutely deserves NCG talk at this point. Impressive, really - as much as that pains me to acknowledge.

One more thing - I've always been begrudingly impressed by Penn State's white outs. They were, from what I can remember, the first to do that (i.e., getting the entire crowd to wear a certain color), and they have always pulled it off well.

One more thing x 2 - why can't/won't Ohio State renovate Ohio Stadium, or rebuild it, so that it has a retractable roof? Night games are so awesome, an enclosed stadium would make it even an more imposing place to play, and we could even attract "big events" to be played there. I know we have the money to do it.

Ohio Stadium holds a ton of people but generally is a quiet atmosphere. If you ever watch an SEC game it seems like the crowd is right on top of the field, that is something I have noticed as well.

Tilley, I honestly believe ND should be #2 in the BCS polls. Their strength of schedule should be enough to jump Oregon and Kansas St

Edit: Wow I just saw that Washington knocked off #7 Oregon St lol

I can only speak for LSU's stadium, but the crowd is literally on top of the field. When LSU beat Florida in the 90's at home, it literally registered on the richter(earthquake) scale. Also the money SEC schools blow in athletics facilities is unthinkable. At LSU, under the Pete Marinovich(sp) dome where they play their basketball games, they have a full court and gym underneath the fucking stadium that is only for athletes. Any idea how nutty that is considering it's swamp land.

When your on the field, your lucky to see the sun. Due to everything being close and going more straight up, it use to suck major ass to have a curl bar with 45 plates on your shoulders running to the top of the stadium from the field.

they could also get rid of the track and move the crowd closer to the game. The OSU stadium has the feeling of watching the game from the top row of seats at the Super dome in New Orleans.

WHAT?!

They removed the track in 1998

South stands suck, because they take you far far away from the game. The rest of the stadium is pretty damn good

I'm mistaken then about the track. I could have sworn there was quite a distance between the field and stands.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/chrisj011/XAOWUGMCWUHJWWV20070724160451.jpg

There is something up with the stadium design/layout that makes the crowd subtle and feel distant.

I'm mistaken then about the track. I could have sworn there was quite a distance between the field and stands.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/chrisj011/XAOWUGMCWUHJWWV20070724160451.jpg

There is something up with the stadium design/layout that makes the crowd subtle and feel distant.

It's just how the tickets are distributed. The students are in the south stands, far away from the field, and the middle of the stadium is full of high level donors.

Why I fucking HATE Penn State

It’s amazing what kind of potion can be created when delusion is mixed with blind loyalty. We got a whiff of that toxin on Saturday in Happy Valley, where apparently the memory of one man is still more important than the lives of countless others. From the moment we arrived on Penn State’s campus, we saw fans impersonating Joe Paterno and others who were dressed up to look like the Paterno statue which was removed from outside the stadium.

Some fans wore ‘I Heart JoePA’ shirts outside the stadium, and inside, where Paterno let Jerry Sandusky cart around his Second Mile kids like a predator with its prey on the open plains, there were countless signs supporting the late Penn State coach. One said ‘408 Forever,’ while another said “Thank You JoePA.” One sign even lauded the idea Penn State was a better place because of Paterno, which seems to blissfully ignore all the irreparable damage that was done by his inaction.

PSU fans have some of the most easily rustled jimmies in the land. Every loss they suffer is because of the refs and they all talk about leaving the B1G because of it...lol.

There was a thread on one of their forums shortly after our game saying the B1G was handing Michigan a win just like they handed OSU a win. Strange since Michigan ended up losing by 2 TD's and at no point in the game were they leading.