could the youth of america...

V8 Beast

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the days when you actually knew your friends' phone numbers and had to dial it every time?

Ha! Just talked about this with my wife last night. If I didn't have them memorized, they were written on a pad next to the wall-mounted rotary phone.

I wonder if eventually there won't even be phone numbers, we just say the name of the person.. or use their social security number or something and it connects us to the phone closest to them

Chips implanted at birth. Getting spam telepathicly.

you make it sound like this generations youth is the only generation that any sort of electronics, included but not limited to toasters, televisions, microwaves, refrigerators...

yeah it would suck, but id get over it. i enjoy fishing, hunting, and cars.

As long as I can still have a gun and some ammo I can keep entertained for days.

Keep in mind though, the masses have had access to telephones since around the 30s and TV since the 50s. Radio earlier than that I think. So its not fair to say if the youth of today could function without it, when its been commonplace in the US before probably anyone in this thread was born.

I personally would have no problems giving up my cell phone, but I'd miss the internet for sure. The internet has pretty much replaced TV for me... :nod:

^ this. even now, my wife is reading and the TV is on but no one is watching.

you make it sound like this generations youth is the only generation that any sort of electronics, included but not limited to toasters, televisions, microwaves, refrigerators...

yeah it would suck, but id get over it. i enjoy fishing, hunting, and cars.

because cars don't have any electronics in them at all.

The western world's ability to feed itself would crash nearly instantly.

I heard once (probably a myth and I'm too lazy to look it up) that there is enough food in the U.S. at any one time (canned, whatever) to feed us for 30 days... :)

As long as I can still have a gun and some ammo I can keep entertained for days.

Keep in mind though, the masses have had access to telephones since around the 30s and TV since the 50s. Radio earlier than that I think. So its not fair to say if the youth of today could function without it, when its been commonplace in the US before probably anyone in this thread was born.

Yeah.. I was just saying no electricity to the general public. People could find ways to run radios and what not. I think we would see a lot of looting and it would resemble a zombie attack if we were stripped of electricity. Once your fridge stops working and Krogers food goes bad (or rations supplies) people would show their true colors.

Yeah.. I was just saying no electricity to the general public. People could find ways to run radios and what not. I think we would see a lot of looting and it would resemble a zombie attack if we were stripped of electricity. Once your fridge stops working and Krogers food goes bad (or rations supplies) people would show their true colors.

I 100% agree with this. First grocery store trips would turn into black friday sales with mobs of angry citizens punching each other over the last can of spaghetti o's. After that houses would be robbed for food. When all that fails, people would notice their pets coming up missing.

I'd skip to step 2 while everyone else is at the store stocking up. :gabe:

I 100% agree with this. First grocery store trips would turn into black friday sales with mobs of angry citizens punching each other over the last can of spaghetti o's. After that houses would be robbed for food. When all that fails, people would notice their pets coming up missing.

I'd skip to step 2 while everyone else is at the store stocking up. :gabe:

You bastards better stay outta the country. Of course, lots of people don't know that's where food comes from.

Will trade food for hot wimmenz :)