Computer geeks lil help here

Big Chief2011647545501

About a week ago I turned on my computer and noticed a problem probably with my video card. I have an HP DV7 that on the screens certain colors that should be black or blue are red. It looks similar to this... Anyone have any recommendations for repair places?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTOtXsgTkgHZcUmjWSHDO9jTx2cI98fqnJbhHDu51A01-N04FoXZwPYlJ7

you could always try to reinstall the drivers, but i seriously doubt that will fix anything. The LCD is broken. Replace and be on your way.

we had a similar situation here where this dumb broad decided to drop her netbook. The outside of the netbook looks perfectly fine, but only half the screen works. and has white lines through the rest of it.

jeffro drivers for video are for OS, bios is a generic driver that loads and he is having the issue in bios.

The LCD is busted replace it.

True, since he is seeing the problem during the bootup splash screen then it won't be drivers. When you said you checked all the connections, did you dissemble the display housing and check the ribbon cable running to the screen itself? If possible check both ends to make sure it is properly connected to the video adapter. I've not seen a laptop generate enough heat to screw up the LCD. I have however seen an LCD not work properly because the ribbon connecting it to the video adapter wasn't completely seated.