Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

Figured I'd pass along the invite. The more the merrier.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=87517

Some of you may have heard rumors. Yesterday I received the contract and can now announce it officially: For the 6yr anniversary, we're going to Deals Gap.

So, how is this going to work, you ask? The only official, organized part of the weekend is Saturday evening/night, June 9th. We have a firepit reserved at Fontana Village (firepit circled on the map below). This will be meet and greet style. Come out, enjoy some beverages (alcohol is permitted, but have it in a plastic cup or in a coozie), make some s'mores, and just have fun. Food for Saturday night will be determined once we figure out how many people are going (probably all just chip in and get pizza or something). There is a bar/restaurant there on the property as well.

The rest of the weekend is up to you. When you come down, where you ride, who you ride with, where you stay (Fontana Village discounts below if you want to stay there), etc is completely up to you. I know I personally will be hitting the restaurant we found last year on 129 in Georgia for some amazing trout and awesome roads at some point.

If you're a newer member or just don't know any/many folks from here, don't worry. There will be riders of all skill levels for you to ride with. The key to this weekend is to ride your own ride. Enjoy the weekend, and be safe. This isn't a competition or a race. This is just a good weekend away with friends. In the end, you are responsible for yourself.

The general consensus of those I've spoken with and are already planning on going has been get there Thursday the 7th and leave Sunday the 10th, but the group discount is good through the 11th if you want to stay an additional day.

Fontana Village

300 Woods Road

Fontana Dam, NC 28733

828-498-2211 option 1

Ohio Riders Group Discounts:

Lodge rooms with two queens beds -- $95 per night

2bdr Hemlock cabins (1 queen, 2 twins, 1 bath, newly updated, have their own firepits) -- $149 per night

2bdr Azalea cabins (1 queen, 2 twins, 2bath) -- $189 per night

Campsites (allowed two tents per site) -- $20 per night

Reservations are now open. Call 828-498-2211 option 1 to book your room, cabin, or campsite. Just say you're with Ohio Riders.

http://i.imgur.com/aRjSp.jpg

Map

------------------------------------------------

Events Happening at Fontana Village:

Country Rockin'Thursdays with Larry Patton - June 7th

Join Texas-born Country Blues Rocker Larry Patton for his Country Rockin' Thursdays on the deck at the Wildwood Grill from 8:00pm - 10:00pm throughout the summer.

Summer Concert Series: Logan Murrell - June 8th

Singer-Songwriter Logan Murrell performs live on stage at the Wildwood Grill. 7:30pm - 11:30pm.

Summer Ghost Tours - June 9th

Contact the Outdoors Program for more information. Learn about the history and lore of Fontana Village stretching back to the building of Fontana Dam in the 1940's.

this could be srsly badass. count me in if i have a bike by then...

We have almost 30 signed up already from OR. SV Nation, Louisville Sportbikes, FZ1OA, and a few other sites are going at the same time and staying at the same place. This is going to be awesome.

No, WHAT are you riding down?
My bad. Reading comprehension failure.

Weestrom
The Wee is the 650. I'll probably be on my Vee, or maybe the 600RR. Haven't fully decided. Burned the tires pretty bad on the 600RR down there last October. They're all gummed up pretty bad. Been wanting to throw the Vee around down there, and it's a lot more comfortable for the long rides. It'll probably win out. Rode the 05 600RR down there a couple years ago. That was rough. The 08 is a bit more comfy, but I still feel cramped on long rides. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. I didn't decide last year what I was taking until the day before.

Ben, army permitting I might ride over and meet you guys for this, but I won't be able to plan this until like the week before. If I have it available though I will be there. Probably not for the whole 4 days, but it is close enough for me to hop over there from Bragg

• 2 weeks later...
Ben, army permitting I might ride over and meet you guys for this, but I won't be able to plan this until like the week before. If I have it available though I will be there. Probably not for the whole 4 days, but it is close enough for me to hop over there from Bragg
That'd be awesome!