Bought my first gun

SiColin

Finally gave in and decided it was time for me to purchase a hand gun. I got it from a good friend of mine for a good deal. Its a Taurus .40 cal. I can't wait to get to the range and try it out. I can't say I've ever been. Any advice for a novice?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/edsihon/7fd98e23.jpg

Any advice for a novice?

my advice would be to not buy a taurus.

haha, just make sure you know how to operate it safely. Most ranges assum you know what you're doing so talk to the guy in charge and have him show you the ropes. He'll be glad to. and or go with someone who knows their shit.

Edited by Sturg

is that the limited edition Lil Wayne model?

My advice is to take that straight to the hilltop and try and sell that to a crackhead. You and him will prob be the only ones to appreciate that gun.

Oh and lastly, make sure you turn it sideways when you shoot.

Thats probably the single most funny thing ive ever read.

Haha I knew those comments were coming. It's not my style at all and I'm sure I'll be getting some odd looks being a surbanan white kid. It was a good enough deal I couldn't pass up. I wanted to get comfortable shooting before I forked out the money for a nicer gun.
  • Downvote 1

Haha I knew those comments were coming. It's not my style at all and I'm sure I'll be getting some odd looks being a surbanan white kid. It was a good enough deal I couldn't pass up. I wanted to get comfortable shooting before I forked out the money for a nicer gun.

That's why you rent guns. At the range.

My friend I got it from is a pretty big redneck who happened to know some wiger kid that had the gun first. It honestly doesn't bother me as much as it bothers you for some odd reason.

the ability to value quality and the safety of me and the people around me?

dont get mad, just get a refund. I didn't know dick about guns either, but i asked around and took my time to shop and research. After a few months I ended up with a quality firearm that i was happy with.

If you want a cheap 40cal that will last check out some glocks for your next purchase. Or ask on here. Plenty of gun nuts on here can point you in the right direction.

I'm not mad haha. I actually already started looking into a glock as my next purchase. I've done a lot of research and this just happened to fall into my lap. Surprisingly I've already been offered a lot more then what I paid by a few people. So I'm prolly not going to keep it long as it's to bright for me. Thanks for the advice.

the ability to value quality and the safety of me and the people around me?

dont get mad, just get a refund. I didn't know dick about guns either, but i asked around and took my time to shop and research. After a few months I ended up with a quality firearm that i was happy with.

If you want a cheap 40cal that will last check out some glocks for your next purchase. Or ask on here. Plenty of gun nuts on here can point you in the right direction.

taurus is a Real Good gun. i bought my first taurus 357 back in the late 80s.for $200.00 that same gun goes for almost $600.00.i have never had any problem with it.