Who makes their own pop?

RC K9

OK, so I love spicy ginger ale, and the stuff from the store like vernors, schwepps, blah blah blah just isn't my style, and the goods ones from places like whole foods, central market, and places of that nature are expensive. That being said, I started making my own. Just wondering if anybody else makes their own ginger ale, or pop for that matter from scratch. I intend on getting into brewing my own beer in the near future, but am content with my own home brewed ginger ale for now. I briefly looked into making home made root beer and sasparilla, and that seems to have a lot more ingredients, and more complicated production process than ginger ale so it's a bit intimidating to me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its pop.

My gf who's from canada calls it soda. i slap the shit out of her every time she says soda. and i saw these things at bed bath and beyond yesterday that were home pop makers. Not sure how they work as there didnt seem to be any carbonation input.

its pop.

My gf who's from canada calls it soda. i slap the shit out of her every time she says soda. and i saw these things at bed bath and beyond yesterday that were home pop makers. Not sure how they work as there didnt seem to be any carbonation input.

Isnt that the soda steam machine mentioned above?

Short video on how to make whatever you want to call it.

This is a list of the different extracts you can use

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/other-products.html?cat=224&limit=all

I prefer the Gnome extracts to the Old Fashioned extracts, but both are pretty good. The Old Fashioned extracts are available locally at the brewing supply stores. I like making my own partially because of the price compared to buying the good stuff at the store, but as much because I can tweak the flavor to my tastes. For instance when I made my first batch to the recipe I thought it was too sweet, so I cut the sugar back over the next couple batches until I got it where I liked it. This last batch I experimented with using splenda as a sweetener instead of cane sugar. I also want to try using brown sugar instead of cane sugar to see if I like the difference. A normal batch for me is 5 gallons and I keg it just like we do the home brew. Because of the kegerator I can force carbonate the pop instead of using yeast.

its pop.

That's about as bad as my wife calling a pen an "ink pen". WTF.. there's one kind of pen.. not a dry pen, ink pen? Just call it a fucking pen. :fuuuu: