Columbus OH (1988) From OSU Campus to Schiller Park travelling South on High Street

frenchy chan

Thank you for posting that.

I started OSU Winter of 1991 and I believe High Street was pretty much the same. I noticed that BW3 was at south campus. As far as I can remember, BW3 was a few blocks up north; the location before the current on the corner of Lane and High.

Man i miss the pit, maxwells and flyers.

What was the name of it before The Pit? Was it Purity? Anyway, I cut my club teeth on all of those trashy ass bars. It's where you went to drink before you were 21.

The Pit was so fucking grungy and dirty. You could walk down stairs, stand there for 30 seconds, and walk back up and be covered in dirt and mud like you just got into a bar fight. WTF?

And they would sell buckets of beer for like $5. Yes, like just straight up buckets filled with beer. Ever look at the bottom of the bucket when you were finished? Fucking algae and shit growing in there. YUMMY

Wow. That was definitely cooler than the short version I saw before. Considering I work downtown and have driven that route many times, it's pretty cool to see how much has changed...and how much is still the same after 24 years.

City Center LOL :gabe: