Central ohio man gets hit in the face with an RPG and lives to tell about it.

Sturg1647545502

Oh okay, yeah good read. Sounds like he was at kandahar airfield possibly (hence the sirens), but he was almost hit by a rocket not an RPG, the rockets are actually chinese made and bigger than RPG rounds and can cause more damage. But the rockets are more for Indirect Fire (IDF) attacks on major bases in afghanistan. RPGs can be shot in camps but typically are shot into smaller camps but usually are used against convoys and foot patrols. All of it is scary stuff that's for sure.

Wow. That is an amazing story.

For how much damage he suffered, I have to say his face doesn't look too bad.

He looks, speaks and breaths extreamly well from a standpoint of structural damage. I cant even begin to tell you how crazy it is that he's neurologically intact.

When i was stationed at Andrews AFB in the ASTS, i had a patient that was missing basically from the middle of his septum down. no bottom jaw or anything. that was tough to see. i wish i would have remembered his name to see how hes doing. its one of the patients you will never forget.

Missed this yesterday, but saw it on Not Brians FB this morning. It was a struggle to get through it. Choked up about the whole damn time. THAT dude is a champ!! Love to read about the support toward him to now. And the guy ridingon the hood holding him down for 6 miles..... that guy should be waking up to a BJ everyday.

I read the comments above too. Thank you guys. I haven't had anything happen outside the wire. it's when we come in that shit happens to us. We had a VBAD come through the fence and a few other things. I'd rather be on mission then on base.

And Nate, well you Sir, we will have a drink when I see you in June at the Rally. Won't we?

Thanks to all whole are moved by the experiances that soldiers are challenged with.