Tampa street racing accident

10phone2

Well. I feel bad for the SUV driver honestly. I'm being unbiased and not basing anything off the Intro that states they were drunk.

Idiots shouldn't be lining up on a highway like that. What the hell do they expect.

What was the game plan, people were suppose to just stop. Did they think it was a given that just because they had brake lights other drivers would be expecting them to be completely stopped on a freeway instead of just slowing down? I know some of you on here have done this, what was going through your head to think its a good idea to just stop right in the middle of a freeway?

so being completely stopped in the middle of a highway and not even pressing on the brake peddle, what else is going to happen. maybe if he was pressing the brakes the oncoming car would have known a) he was stopping/slowing b) he was stopped. but then you would have to let off the brake to hit the gas and would end up losing. if theyre going to race like that, on a highway, do what they do in those southern/texas vids and everybody blocks the road behind the race.

kudos to the kid who immediately goes over and starts breaking glass to get the driver of the suv out. not too many people would do that.

I could name place after place around here where races could be had with little to no worries of law enforcement interruption. Why do it in the middle of a freeway? I see no answer other than feeling that those who do it feel as though what they want to do trumps what everyone else has come to know as right. I hate to see anyone unjustly punished but I hope those involved have to deal with it to the point they realize never to do it again.

I am surprised everyone didn't head for z hills. It's amazing how many people just hung out afterwards to wait for the popo.