Lmao @ PowderRoom

Putty

They've changed Putty. The GF and I go shooting quite a bit there. They've been cool every time. I don't know what their deal was when we all went a few years ago.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/feb/08/3/powell-police-investigate-break-in-at-the-powder-r-ar-926001/

I used to know a guy who robbed them years ago. You all may remember it from like the mid 90's. They cut the alarm wires and got away clean with a crap ton of guns. He got caugt up in a sting selling one of the guns and went to the pokey for like 18 months.
  • Downvote 1

They've changed Putty. The GF and I go shooting quite a bit there. They've been cool every time. I don't know what their deal was when we all went a few years ago.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/feb/08/3/powell-police-investigate-break-in-at-the-powder-r-ar-926001/

Troof. I went there last weekend for my first time ever at a range, or shooting a gun. (I won't count the tiny .22 pea-shooter a family friend let me use once when I was like 10. It was a ton of fun and the guys behind the counter were very polite. I told them I was new to all of this and they let me check out a few handguns and an AR...soooo much want now.

I have had good experiences at the powder room as well. They guys behind the counter were always easy to talk to and one younger guy who works there on the weekends took a lot of time showing me many different guns and whatnot. I go there at least every month or so when I have some extra $$$ for range time.

What really sucks is the city is trying to sue. Because they didn't do enough to prevent the theft? I don't believe its their fault some low lives broke into their place of business. On another note its pretty scarry there is some un registered guns floating around. I think its time for me to get my ccw.

This isn't funny at all regardless if the owners/operaters were assholes. I wish that You open a local business in the future PUTTY and it gets robbed. Then I will make a LOL thread about it. Hell, I hope your house/car gets broken into then you come on here bitch about it. Then a lol thread will be made

Some of the guys there are a bit anal retentive, but definitely not because they are assholes.

A long time ago they had an underground 100 yard range. One of the guys my dad was shooting with hit a target clip. One of the Powder Room guys ran over saying "hey hey hey don't shoot those, you are gonna have to pay for them"

Dad's friend goes "how much are they"

He responded "$1 each"

So dad's friend smacks a $5 bill down and shoots 4 more clips, ROFL.

On another note its pretty scarry there is some un registered guns floating around. I think its time for me to get my ccw.

There's no gun registration in Ohio.

Some of the guys there are a bit anal retentive, but definitely not because they are assholes.

A long time ago they had an underground 100 yard range. One of the guys my dad was shooting with hit a target clip. One of the Powder Room guys ran over saying "hey hey hey don't shoot those, you are gonna have to pay for them"

Dad's friend goes "how much are they"

He responded "$1 each"

So dad's friend smacks a $5 bill down and shoots 4 more clips, ROFL.

LOL. I've never had problems with the guys at the powder room, they were always cool with me.

This isn't funny at all regardless if the owners/operaters were assholes. I wish that You open a local business in the future PUTTY and it gets robbed. Then I will make a LOL thread about it. Hell, I hope your house/car gets broken into then you come on here bitch about it. Then a lol thread will be made

When that happens, I'll PM you first, so you can create that thread. At that point, I hope you feel much better about yourself and then we're even. OkTHx. Have a good day!

About 5 years ago one of my shellholders wore out and they hooked me up with a used one on the spot. Sometimes they're cranky and sometimes they're pleasant. If I had to deal with gun-morons all day I'd be cranky too. At least nobody has killed themselves with a rental this year.

About 5 years ago one of my shellholders wore out and they hooked me up with a used one on the spot. Sometimes they're cranky and sometimes they're pleasant. If I had to deal with gun-morons all day I'd be cranky too. At least nobody has killed themselves with a rental this year.

Yet...its barely feb...i give it 30 days before it happens now that youve posted this. Lol

It's like working in the automotive industry. Deal with a bunch of idiots, know-it-alls and price shoppers all day long, you'll get a little short with people.

Exactly. I think they deal with all sorts being a relatively close and cheap range that they can be a bit short. Everytime i shoot there the first question is "have you ever shot a gun before and have you ever shot here before" which i think is kinda funny. As soon as they realize you dont have your head up your ass then they're usually a bit better to deal with.

A while back they gave me lane 1 (the lane furthest to the right, against the wall) he told me not to hit the wall and i just gave him this look like "uhhh k?". Then he explained the last woman he gave that lane to took her revolver, turned it sideways then looked away as she shot all 6 rounds into the wall. So yeah they deal with all types.

• 2 weeks later...