Ls1 FBody free mods.

Protection

You cant miss them they are rivots basically. Take a drill and drill them out and it will slide right out. I did the free mods as far as just cutting the bottom of the box out. Only thing I noticed was the sound of it sucking more air into the lid but no performance gains.

With a SS hood I wouldn't fuck with the air box, iirc the air box is different on a ram air car with a bigger opening in the front I could be wrong. I would leave the MAF sensor alone, taking out the honeycomb is not a great idea and accomplishes nothing. I would however remove the coolant lines from the throttle body and port it. Taking that ridge just before the throttle blade and smoothing it down is a good idea.

my main question is why would they upgrade from a 3:42 stock gear to a higher 3:23 are u going land speed racing? most bang for the buck and seat of the pants is gear, and most fast turbo cars dont evan run as high as a 3:23.

Its an automatic Matt, it either came with 2.73s or 3.23s, 3.42s only came in 6 speed cars. I wouldn't consider it an upgrade, but he didn't go backwards.