*Official* Long gun Picture Thread

RedRocket1647545505

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My little guy @ 25 yards shooting our Henry .22LR

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/10424631_579920052122870_87407659_n.jpg

Pretty good grouping for a 7 year old.

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/t51.2885-15/10401667_1497478373797454_1013893136_n.jpg

82 rd thru the gun..."runs perfect!"

lol

lol

Yeah, but you never shoot.... That's like telling someone that you have a 10 year old car that you've never had to repair.... And has 30 miles on it.

I can tell you the Colt has more rounds through it than your MR556. But.. hey, you have to justify your purchase some how. lol

lol

I can tell you the Colt has more rounds through it than your MR556. But.. hey, you have to justify your purchase some how. lol

I don't believe you....

As for the MR556, I'm approaching 1k with it.

And as for justifying the purchase.... I think the roll mark spells that out clearly... As I am an HK fanboy. No shame in my game....

I don't believe you....

As for the MR556, I'm approaching 1k with it.

And as for justifying the purchase.... I think the roll mark spells that out clearly... As I am an HK fanboy. No shame in my game....

I have about 3-4k rounds through my colt since 2008. It hasn't failed once. So spending money pretty much just bought you an HK roll mark?

Please, list these differences. I'd love to hear this.

Almost Everything about the gun (inclusive if the pattern of the parts) is/are pretty much proprietary (which has it's drawbacks when there are no options except for the high dollar HK upgrades, and some geissele). Take a closer look at the gun, it's not standard mil spec pattern.

The bore Is uncoated and tapered. I'm sure the colt is chrome lined and non-tapered. The HK has an ambi safety and has a firing pin safety. The upper/rail heights are proprietary/different than all other ar15's. It's wierd, there are only 3 rails that will fit the gun (hk, geissele, remington defense). The lower May remind you of a standard mil spec lower... But it's not, it's thicker, has a more flared magwell, and some other aesthetic differences.

The other main difference would be the piston system. Obviously. And, the gas block has a release port.

I'm sure I'm missing other stuff too. When I got the gun I took it apart and was amazed at how much different their parts were. Can't run another barrel, rail, only some triggers work, etc...

Trust me kids, it's different than a mil spec pattern/dimension gun. I'm not claiming that the differences make it better (well, maybe some if them do...). I'm claiming that it is different. I'm also claiming that it is reliable. I've seen several colts fail to eject, mine has not. I'm sure there is an MR556 out there that has, I wouldn't be so ignorant as to say one hasn't.

You also have to realize that Frank is a ball buster. He knows the HK mr556 is superior to a colt 6920.... People like to hate on HK. It doesn't bother me.

Frank (I'm sure, jokingly) claimed the only difference was the roll mark. You asked me to point out the differences. I did.

You also have to realize that Frank is a ball buster. He knows the HK 416 is superior to a Colt M4A1.... People like to hate on HK. It doesn't bother me.

Fixed... lol

Take a closer look at the gun, it's not standard mil spec pattern.

The other main difference would be the piston system. Obviously. And, the gas block has a release port.

I'm sure I'm missing other stuff too. When I got the gun I took it apart and was amazed at how much different their parts were. Can't run another barrel, rail, only some triggers work, etc...

Trust me kids, it's different than a mil spec pattern/dimension gun. I'm not claiming that the differences make it better (well, maybe some if them do...). I'm claiming that it is different. I'm also claiming that it is reliable. I've seen several colts fail to eject, mine has not. I'm sure there is an MR556 out there that has, I wouldn't be so ignorant as to say one hasn't.

So you paid for an Ar15 with proprietary H&K parts and a H&K roll mark. Got it!

lol.. and yes, I am just messing around Bob.

• 3 weeks later...

R700 makeover...

it already shoots sub-MOA... we shall see if there is any improvement with a stock made entirely out of aluminum.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/SUBMOA_zps1f3bec3d.jpg

Edited by Diamonds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Worked up my first handloads this weekend.

11536102_10103498659066214_1419723237640910347_n.jpg?oh=2dc076d9aa7fd39ac3720e901ecddca2&oe=562E0674

175 grain Sierra Matchking in a 308 with 43 grains of Varget. Worked the load from 43 to 44.1 incrementally. 43 seemed to be the best. But, I want to make larger batches of a few others just solidify the test.

All in all, I'm happy with the results.

• Casper unpinned this topic