Ls1 problems

Protection

I bought my automatic SS (98) a month ago. Had no problems with performance stock. But since I've added a few mods and done the free mods, I'll go WOT at about 60 mph and it feels laggy as hell, doesn't feel like its misfiring but like its not getting enough air or fuel. Almost feels like a stock lt1. I gave it WOT LAST NIGHT AND GOT an SES light. I've added a K&N air filter, SLP Lid. I've grinded down the ridge in the throttle body, cut the EGR tube, removed a section of the air dam, cut the filter tray and bypassed the coolant to the throttle body. Besides getting the check engine light checked, any legitimate suggestions on repair? I've got it boiled down to a dirty fuel filter, weak fp or bad spark plugs/wires. Car drives normal under normal driving situations.

I remember having weird problems after rerouting my coolant lines. I don't remember what the problems were exactly, but I put it back to stock for some reason.

Anyways since you seem to be having the problem only at wot I could only guess maybe you grinded down the tb ridge too far? maybe?

Unplug the maf and go for a test drive an see what happens.

This if the car will run, I doubt it will but you can try it. I bet you fried the o2 sensors, they don't tolerate much abuse. I've had to replace mine a few times. Just check to make sure you haven't created a vacuum leak, or allowed air to get in behind the MAF anywhere.

So carboned sensors from the recent seafoam wouldn't have been the culprit? I've cleaned the maf with the spray shit. I'm going to use the same spray to try to clean them individually

Did you not read my post bud? The sensors are very likely, but its not a sure thing. and its just my opinion but cleaning an o2 sensor is a waste of time.

I still use paper filters, I can live without the imaginary power bump. Actually I think Brian Carter said his car lost 5hp when he installed one.

Truth, I'm currently running a paper filter from O'reilly's. 438.8 on motor with K&N, 444 without... but my car is also possessed