good/cheap-ish dyno tune

Large

I tried to search but the search option won't work on my Droid.

I called IPS and they quoted me $450 to dyno tube my car. I figured that price was a direct refection of their self view, so...where should I take my LT1 TA

I think of Dyno Tuning as the same as a piece of safety equipment, do you really want to get something "cheap" to protect you? Well the same would apply to my build which has money/time invested.

I would go off personal reference rather then "cheap/good" and look for the best tuner for my application.

Note: If you think $450 is expensive to tune you are in for a rude awakening.

Note: If you think $450 is expensive to tune you are in for a rude awakening.

Dyno Brian or PPC can help also. Depending on how much needs tuned, $450 could be a pretty good price.

Thinking the exact same thing.

Dyno Brian is a good option

I tried to search but the search option won't work on my Droid.

I called IPS and they quoted me $450 to dyno tube my car. I figured that price was a direct refection of their self view, so...where should I take my LT1 TA

Cheap dyno tune = boom

I know Dyno Brian has the stuff to tune an LT1 car, I am not sure if PPC has the software or not.

Initial tune is usually atleast that. $450 isn't a bad price at all. Coming back for subsequent re-tuning will be cheaper, but still probably not cheap enough for your taste. I don't mind paying for something that gives me something that I need and is done well. Car running way out of wack could easily gain 20+ rwhp with a good tune. Seems like a good deal to me.

That and $450 out of my pocket is a lot easier to swallow than ~$4,000 for a new bottom end.

Wow,

450 is nothing to have your car dyno tuned.

That doesn't even a generic canned tune.

Everytime I quote a audi owner they die inside a little. tuning one of those starts around 1000$ after buying software lic and unlock maps.

It really does pay for itself to have a good tuner to tune your car. There are some shops with dyno's that are learning how to use thier equipment with your car. Sometimes it works and other times...well I'm sure we all know what happens. Take it from a guy with bad dyno experiences in his past, it really hurts to see your engine puke on the dyno.

I'll toss this out there. If the $450 is too much for your budget, you can always go with a mail order tune. PCMforless is who did mine when we built the 383. She ran great with that tune. I took it to Dynotune once the motor was broken in and we only picked up about 5 or 10 horsepower. That will save you a bit over a tune. You can always do that, then hit up a dyno day and run it to check air/fuel and see what happened.

All that aside, $450ish is what you're going to have to pay. I'll also vouch for Dyno Brian.

$450 is actually a very good price. I doubt you'll find anyone reputable to do it for less. Gotta remember you have to pay the guy tuning the car, as well as dyno rental which has to be enough cumulatively if, God forbid, that $100,000 tool breaks, as well as overhead on any software, computers, and electricity used during the process. If you broke it all down, $450 probably doesn't leave you with a whole lot of profit, when you, in return, get something that is priceless, ie; your car running reliably and safely and making good power. /rant/