I need a new bank..

Draco-REX

Seems my old one disappeared in this area. So now I need a new bank.

I'm looking at PNC and Chase because they seem to have a good online presence and good Auto Loan rates.

Anyone like/hate either of those two?

Any recommendations? I'll need a checking and savings account without monthly fees. And branches in the Sawmill and/or Tuttle area.

5/3 is a definite no.

Thanks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i use usbank out of convenience. i am undecided on them, although i have been w them for probably 13 yrs.

*edit*

if you go w a credit union, use telhio. i use them also currently. if you go with a credit union, make sure you pick one with "shared branching"

Dave Ramsey would say go with a smaller local bank or a credit union. A few years back after several nightmare-ish problems with PNC/National Shitty, I switched to CS Bank, and they have been very good to me. I've been pondering switching to Telhio full time, as thats where my auto loan is, but if I did it wouldn't be because CS Bank was treating me wrong.

So, school me on the difference between a Bank and a Credit Union. Why would I choose one over the other?

ive worked for both, and they are both basically the same. you may be able to get higher yields on savings, CD's, and lower loan interest rates at credit unions, but this is not always true. with the way federal rates are now, there is little margin.

both are insured either by the FDIC or NCUA for i believe 250,000 per depository acct.

i would say that credit unions just have a better feel than banks because they are smaller, and you can develop a relationship with them easier than a big box bank.

I work for Chase and deal with personal accounts. While interest rates are nothing to write home about, a lot of people are pleasantly impressed by our quick deposit feature. If you've got an iPhone or Android phone, you can take a picture of your check and deposit it into your account.

I started off at National City, they pissed me off and ended up getting sued...not sure how it is now that it's PNC but I have a bad taste in my mouth because of that. From there I went to 5/3 and had no problems, but I hated that they were unknown out west, had shitty ATMs and didn't have the latest technology that you find at Chase...so I moved to Chase and I've been happy ever since. Weird thing is that when I went to South Carolina they didn't have any down there.

The Chase app is great, depositing checks similar to an employer.

Lots of good info, thanks. :) The mobile deposit feature for Chase is a big plus as I do everything else online.

But then, I've heard some stories about chase.. But then, there are horror stories for every bank, I'm sure.

Hmm..

Used to be with chase, had a terrible experience with them and the first time I tried to close my account they refused. I've been with pnc since and they have been good to me. I also deal with ing direct, but they don't have branches so its a bit less convenient

I use chase cause i work there, if i didn't work there i would probably switch to huntington or telhio. One thing i can say... stay away from little local banks. I used to use The Bank in Delaware County and my parents started my first accounts there, they charged lots of fees and basically drained my savings account that i had $200 in. Just my .02. I really like local credit unions though.