1. 1. Should we expand Ohio Riders?

• Yes, the bigger the better.
    • No, I like the Ohio only thing.
    • I don't care.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, other than having to change the name to Ohio and Pennsylvania and Indiana and Kentucky Riders, I kinda like this little sense of community that we all share from being in and/or around OH, makes it easy to plan stuff and hang out and whatnot...

Well, other than having to change the name to Ohio and Pennsylvania and Indiana and Kentucky Riders, I kinda like this little sense of community that we all share from being in and/or around OH, makes it easy to plan stuff and hang out and whatnot...

:werd:

I had a whole response thingy typed out, then i read this and realized i was copying...

Keep it Ohio only. People in areas that border Ohio should know they are welcome. I like the fact that we could meet nearly anyone on the board within a a few hours. If it gets opened up, I think the sense of community would get lost some.

I do know one thing, I get on 600rr.net all the time but its basically just become a huge shopping mall. I don't want that to happen to this site. I never post on those huge forums because its effing overwhelming

NEVER. NEVER will I do that shit to a site. Fonzie and I were just talking about that last night actually. I fucking hate that shit. The only advertisements that will ever be on this board are for companies who will take care of everyone. No Google Adwords, no "affiliates" bullshit, etc. For instance, I was contacted by an advertising firm representing McCoy Motorsports yesterday:

Hi,

How are you? My name is <edited> and I am a Senior Affiliate Relations Coordinator at <edited>. McCoy MotorSports recently launched an Affiliate Program on <edited>, <edited>.com. Mike McCoy and I are working closely on promoting this offer online, creating banners and links to help our partners earn revenue. I think you would be a perfect fit for their affiliate program. Please keep in mind, this is completely free, and would be a great way to earn revenue by promoting <edited>.com. Is it possible to set up a call to discuss the <edited>.com Affiliate Program?

Mike and I are excited about the launch and would love to discuss this in more detail.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly anytime.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

<edited>

And I replied:

As much as I enjoy everything the McCoy's do, I'm not interested in joining an affiliate program. The best I can offer you is $100/yr for a banner in the rotation at the top of every page, and a static banner on the front page. However, McCoy Motorsports would have to agree to our terms and conditions. We're a semi-local forum not looking to make money. We're just looking for good sponsors to take good care of our members.

Thanks.

It really isn't about the money. If it were, I'd be doing something else. Hahaha. We barely break even. That's all I ask for. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about this.

Keep it Ohio only. People in areas that border Ohio should know they are welcome. I like the fact that we could meet nearly anyone on the board within a a few hours. If it gets opened up, I think the sense of community would get lost some.

+1, when i was in new england i found a forum called new england street riders, i didnt come on here to meet people for rides. it was very similar to this forum and illustrates a good point: the purpose of the local forums is to connect local riders. keep it where it is imo.

motorcycle forums are a dime a dozen.. you have niche market here and it works. I used to be on sportbikes.net all the time, but now I'm here 100% of the time because I can actually meet and ride with people here. Make the goal 100% ohio rider participation. If you want to expand, expand to the HD/cruiser market. I know right now we're mostly sport bikes

I am here mofter because it's an OH only board. I am a member of motorcycleaddicts.org, and honestly don't visit there much anymore. I have pals there in other states that I keep in touch with, but I am more likely to ride with the yahoos here, so I find it better to build the bonds with them (us). Hell, I don't get out as much as I would like to get with this gang here, so increasing membership to phucktards from outside of our Buckeye borders would just increase the list of folks who I will probalby never have the chance to do anything with.

Did that sound bitchy? It looked bitchy after I read what I typed. It wasn't supposed to sound bitchy. Dammit.

NEVER. NEVER will I do that shit to a site. Fonzie and I were just talking about that last night actually. I fucking hate that shit. The only advertisements that will ever be on this board are for companies who will take care of everyone. No Google Adwords, no "affiliates" bullshit, etc. For instance, I was contacted by an advertising firm representing McCoy Motorsports yesterday:

And I replied:

It really isn't about the money. If it were, I'd be doing something else. Hahaha. We barely break even. That's all I ask for. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about this.

Glad to see I'm not in the minority with my outlook on this place! ;)

The sense of "family" is what I've really come to like about this board over the last year. What I was doing a poor job of trying to tell you last night Ben, is I feel like that dynamic has already changed a bit lately, with all the newbies who've been flooding in lately. At least they share the Ohio common thread/bond with the rest of us though.

I agree with Nick.....If it gets too big, then there's gonna be that much more drama than there already has been lately. I've also said before that the thing I like about this board is, that I'm 2-3 hours away from meeting anyone on here, and have met more OR members in person, in less than a year.....Than I have in 4-5 years on all the other boards I hang on combined

However, like I also told you last night.....I can't begrudge you the right to make some cash off all your hard work on here, if the opportunity presents itself. If I don't like where it ends up going....I can always quit hanging here I guess :(

Edited by Fonzie

I JUST put the damn sticker on the SV last week, so if you change OhioRiders, so help me god, I'm riding down there and you're going to take the sticker off my windscreen - with your teeth.
:lol:
However, like I also told you last night.....I can't begrudge you the right to make some cash off all your hard work on here, if the opportunity presents itself. If I don't like where it ends up going....I can always quit hanging here I guess :(
Not trying to make money. I just keep getting asked to expand to other states. I own a LOT of domain names. I'd toyed with the idea of growing, but I've always decided against it. Figured I'd let you all decide. Obviously, we're keeping it just Ohio. :lol:

I JUST put the damn sticker on the SV last week, so if you change OhioRiders, so help me god, I'm riding down there and you're going to take the sticker off my windscreen - with your teeth.

Thank you for the laugh!! :lol: