Casper

Should we expand Ohio Riders?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Should we expand Ohio Riders?

• Yes, the bigger the better.
    • No, I like the Ohio only thing.
    • I don't care.

:lol:

Not trying to make money. I just keep getting asked to expand to other states. I own a LOT of domain names. I'd toyed with the idea of growing, but I've always decided against it. Figured I'd let you all decide. Obviously, we're keeping it just Ohio. :lol:

Playing Devil's Advocate Ben......I don't think you've fully explained your idea on here though, like you were telling me in our conversation last night.

Each state's "site" having it's own separate site/area, but all being tied into the common areas as a whole.....Those common areas appearing as one unified/shared board. So there'd still be a separate "OhioRiders", but we'd share common space ("Lounge", etc) with "KYRiders" "PARiders" "MIRiders" etc.

At least that's how I understood what you were saying

And honestly dude......If you were gonna do it, I'd say that'd probably be the best "blend".....but if it's not gonna cause you to miss out on any scratch you were wantin' to make.....I still think the smaller, community feeling on here is better

Edited by Fonzie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing Devil's Advocate Ben......I don't think you've fully explained your idea on here though, like you were telling me in our conversation last night.

Each state's "site" having it's own separate site/area, but all being tied into the common areas as a whole.....Those common areas appearing as one unified/shared board. So there'd still be a separate "OhioRiders", but we'd share common space ("Lounge", etc) with "KYRiders" "PARiders" "MIRiders" etc.

Correct. Sorry, guess I should've gone into more detail. Short story is though all members would be using the same site.

And honestly dude......If you were gonna do it, I'd say that'd probably be the best "blend".....but if it's not gonna cause you to miss out on any scratch you were wantin' to make.....I still think the smaller, community feeling on here is better

this idea sounds neat, but how would this work? how much separation would there be? for instance, would the classifieds be different for each region? would users be restricted to posting in their own region and the common area?

on second thought, it just sounds cluttered. like then you could get users signing up with three names just to post a classified on every forum...meh.

Pillow talk?

Sorry.:D

Keep it Ohio only. People in areas that border Ohio should know they are welcome. I like the fact that we could meet nearly anyone on the board within a a few hours. If it gets opened up, I think the sense of community would get lost some.
I vote for keeping it local.
My vote is definetly NO. I like the feeling of community on here.

Exactly! That is why I never post anymore or go to any other boards. If this site got outside of Ohio I'd dissappear too like Fonzie. I wouldn't enjoy it anymore. I'm sure lots feel the same.

Edited by NinjaNick

Keep it Ohio only. People in areas that border Ohio should know they are welcome. I like the fact that we could meet nearly anyone on the board within a a few hours. If it gets opened up, I think the sense of community would get lost some.

Exactly. I think the poll will show, keep it Ohio based.

since its pretty obvious its gonna stay small time im not gonna give my opinion....... jk.

i hate kawiforums. im sorry i cant stand it. to big and not a personal.

I joined kawiforums back in 2006. Sucks. I don't care about others in different states. I want to talk to my locals, fellow Buckeyes, etc..

Keep it local. If we find other states with their own forum similar to this, ask they post a link to to ohio-riders and ohio-riders can post a link to them.

It could come in handy to link to other states that you may travel to.

This is a part of this thread: http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=23872

Should the site remain Ohio based, or should we expand to other areas?

I am all for expansion, growth, and thinking outside the box. I'm a new member, but like the fact that I can reach out to someone locally for questions or a ride. I've already met a great group and look forward to meeting more. Perhaps there is a way to grow and still keep it Ohio based. I come from a sales and PR background so I'm always looking for the sale or angle. Happy to brainstorm anytime...

i agree ohio only. when i first got my bike 3 weeks ago i joined r6 forums and wasnt impressed to "big" of a community. then i found this site and havent looked at another site infact im on here almost all day when im at work and my manager isnt in

<--- :postwhore: and couldnt ask for a better group of people to chat with look forward to meeting in person!!