DIY Spray Foam Kits

Sully

Has anyone ever purchased a DIY Spray Foam kit? If so, where did you get it? How well did it work? Would it make more sense to just have a company do it?

I'm wanting to spray foam 91 linear feet of rim joist on the west and south walls of my house. I got a quote today from Basement Dr. They want $1,750 to do it. I think this could be a simple 1/2 day project I could do myself. I just don't know where to get the stuff. Any help/advice is appreciated.

I'm wanting to spray foam 91 linear feet of rim joist on the west and south walls of my house. I got a quote today from Basement Dr. They want $1,750 to do it.

WTF is with companies these days in terms of costs. Wife and I have had some quotes for work around our house and labor is through the roof. Like you we're looking for a fair deal or fuck it, we'll do the work ourselves.

WTF is with companies these days in terms of costs. Wife and I have had some quotes for work around our house and labor is through the roof. Like you we're looking for a fair deal or fuck it, we'll do the work ourselves.

Empire wanted $10,000 to do 250 sq-ft of laminate flooring. That said got it and going to do it myself.

Empire wanted $10,000 to do 250 sq-ft of laminate flooring. That said got it and going to do it myself.

lol wut?

I did 800 sq ft of pergo for under $1000 and 1 whole day

Maybe they added a zero to the sq. footage by accident. We just put in ~750 sq ft of 3/4" hard maple and it was less than that.

I'm interested in the spray foam kits. I've gone around my basement with cans of GREAT STUFF, but I really need to go around and spray everything. On one DIY show they had what looked like a propane tank for a gas grill that was filled with spray foam and had a spray gun attached. Then they returned the empty tank when they were done. I've been looking for a place that does this.

Any reason on doing spray foam? I had my house insulated a few years back with the cellulose insulation. They came in, took off one strip of siding, drilled a hole every foot or so and stuffed the shit out of it. Only cost me about $950 and the house is about 1500 sq ft (all upper levels though since it's a bi-level house). Guys got done in a day and my heating bill dropped HUGE. I haven't seen it over $80 in the coldest days in the past 3 years. Before that it was close to $200.