boardgames, card games

SRTurbo04

Zombies is fun, Flux, apples to apples, nuclear war( this is an oooold game but a blast)

There are plenty of places to get more interactive social non traditional card games- the Guard tower on trabue is where I buy games.. But I'm sure there are others

http://boardgamegeek.com/

Has a good search based on what you want out of a game

Another good one

http://killerbunnies.com/

Holy crapola I've gotta spend some time on those sites

qwirkle, euchre, taboo, apples to apples, sequence, battle of the sexes. I buy games from GO Games at polaris, target, meijer, and $5 Below.

Totally forgot about the game stores at polaris!

Here's a card game that's also car people relevant. Been playing since I was kid and I've gotten many people addicted to it throughout the years; of all ages.

Mille Bornes

The premise of Mille Bornes is that the players are in a road race. Each race—or hand—is usually 700 miles (or kilometers) long, but the first player to complete that distance exactly has the option to declare an extension in which case the race becomes 1,000 miles. Mille Bornes is played with a special deck of cards. There are hazard, remedy, safety, and distance cards. Each hazard is corrected by a corresponding remedy, and is actually prevented from happening in the first place by a corresponding safety. The target distance is reached by playing distance cards.

You can find it just about anywhere. Very fun game.

Of course, there are the classic card games like UNO, Skip-Bo, Phase 10 (that's a good one), etc. We play alot of card and dice games rather than board games just due to space in the living room.

10,000 is a fun dice game not everyone is familiar with, too.

Glad somebody else likes Mille Bornes...that was a favorite of mine.

Try playing "Cut-Throat Uno"...take four basic decks and throw away the number cards from one of them, leaving just the special cards for that deck. When you get a Draw card played on you, you can play your own and pass it along to the next person...who can do the same to the next, until somebody can't pass it along. If you get a bunch of people playing, it's likely some poor sucker is gonna get stuck with drawing 20+ cards! Skips can be played to pass the count along, but they don't increase the count beyond what you'd have had to draw...but they also work like normal, hitting the person beyond your neighbor.

Phase 10

^^^^This too

Along with Uno. My girlfriend and I picked up a game called Bezzerwezzer. We played it with another couple a few weeks ago and had a blast. The Scene It games are fun too, just don't get the stupid theme ones