Apple Pie

Buck531

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Back up from a month ago. I got the two bottles of Clear from macpryo and I made the following:

1 gallon apple cider

1 gallon apple juice

4 cups sugar

several cinnamon sticks

I let the above boil before I put in the sugar.. then something funky happened. I started getting floaties in the boil mix in the pot. Just.. tiny specs of brown floaties. What did I do wrong? It wasn't a hard boil.. just a simmer for a good 30 minutes. I guess I could strain it through some cheese cloth or something but I'm guessing the cider I got from Meijers was.. I dunno.. different? It smelled and tasted awesome. My wife got fucked up after 3 shots. I took about 6-7 16 oz glasses and didn't feel much. :( Guess my tolerance is too high.

Back up from a month ago. I got the two bottles of Clear from macpryo and I made the following:

1 gallon apple cider

1 gallon apple juice

4 cups sugar

several cinnamon sticks

I let the above boil before I put in the sugar.. then something funky happened. I started getting floaties in the boil mix in the pot. Just.. tiny specs of brown floaties. What did I do wrong? It wasn't a hard boil.. just a simmer for a good 30 minutes. I guess I could strain it through some cheese cloth or something but I'm guessing the cider I got from Meijers was.. I dunno.. different? It smelled and tasted awesome. My wife got fucked up after 3 shots. I took about 6-7 16 oz glasses and didn't feel much. :( Guess my tolerance is too high.

probably came from the cinnamon sticks, unless it was covering the top, I wouldn't worry. Also in my experience brewing beer, if sugary substances get to the bottom of the pan and don't get stirred around, they caramelize and can eventually turn into a black plasticy looking substance.

And if it takes you that much to get drunk, you should be giving it to me :masturboy:

probably came from the cinnamon sticks, unless it was covering the top, I wouldn't worry. Also in my experience brewing beer, if sugary substances get to the bottom of the pan and don't get stirred around, they caramelize and can eventually turn into a black plasticy looking substance.

And if it takes you that much to get drunk, you should be giving it to me :masturboy:

I dunno.. I think it came from the cider. it was a very light brown color. I tried using my strainer that I had and that didn't work too well.

I let it settle after putting it in the containers and a day later everything is at the bottom. You can't even tell their in your glass unless you look.

As for giving it to you? naa. I'd rather give it to my wife and then surprise sex her up an hour later :). It probably only cost me $25 to make including the everclear and that's about 2 1/2 gallons of drunk juice. Make it yourself :).

I'm trying my hand at making it tonight. I couldn't find apple cider, so I'm trying to make it with apple juice (one gal), cinnamon sticks (6), sugar (~1 cup), and the everclear (~1 qt.). ill boil it for about an hour and see how it comes out when it cools. smells just like apple pie though.