Apple Pie

Buck531

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just use everclear, apple juice, and cinnamon sticks when I make mine. I dump a gallon of apple juice in a big pot and put about 7 or so cinnamon sticks in it. I let that boil for about 20 minutes, then let it cool. I remove the cinnamon sticks and put the juice back in it's original bottle and then fill it up with everclear (however much apple juice boiled off). The stuff tastes like apple cinnamon candy, but will mess you up quick.

I just got rid of almost a full gallon of everclear last week for nothing because I wasn't going to use it for anything and I'm burnt out on apple pie. Don't spend $30 on just a quart of the stuff, that's a rip off. It's easier to make your own and if you don't think you need it all, it's extremely easy to get rid of and lasts awhile. I usually made about 3 gallons at a time, saved a gallon for just myself then used the rest for parties or give some to my parents.

Use the recipes with apple cider in them, in my opinion, those turn out better. Make sure you give it plenty of time to cool off after cooking it before adding the everclear and leave cinnamon sticks in it while you're storing it.

• 2 weeks later...
You could cut slices of apple and toss it in there too if you can get it to fit. I guess that's why most use mason jars.

I thought about mason jars but I already had a bunch of empty handles waiting for a purpose. I'm sure I could fit some thin slices in there, just gotta make some room in each one :gabe:

Edit: Fucking Delicious

Edited by NWill

How you likin that pie, Buck?

Tis good bro. I think I screwed it up though. I cut up a whole apple and put half of yours in a mason jar and Lori and I were drinking a little of it later and didn't get a buzz or anything. I think the apples sucked up some of the booze because when you ate a slice of apple you could taste the booze in it.

Tis good bro. I think I screwed it up though. I cut up a whole apple and put half of yours in a mason jar and Lori and I were drinking a little of it later and didn't get a buzz or anything. I think the apples sucked up some of the booze because when you ate a slice of apple you could taste the booze in it.

Put a cinnamon stick in each jar next time instead of apples. Then let it sit in the fridge a couple weeks before drinking

• 3 weeks later...
Have 2 liters of 190 proof everclear coming my way. How long does this stuff keep? I want to make it for our vacation in August, and want to have it steep for a while.

Have 2 liters of 190 proof everclear coming my way. How long does this stuff keep? I want to make it for our vacation in August, and want to have it steep for a while.

It gets smoother with time. I honestly like to let it sit for a month before touching it. Make it now, enjoy it then.

It gets smoother with time. I honestly like to let it sit for a month before touching it. Make it now, enjoy it then.

Sweet, if I did my math correctly, I should be able to make 2 batches of this

1 qt. Everclear

1 gal. Apple Juice

1 gal. Cider, apple

7 sticks Cinnamon Stick

800 g (4 Cups) Sugar

this weekend and store in quart mason jars in the cool dry storage room.

Another question, after you boil the apple and cinnamon, do you bring it back down to a simmer and pour the alcohol in, or do you let it cool all the way?

I let mine cool down a good hour before adding the alcohol. The stuff I had was a little diluted though. My wife had about 2 shots of it the other day and was out 1/2 hour later. I drank 7 glasses of it and didn't feel a thing. Guess my tolerance is too high at this point.