Downtown stabbing/shooting dashcam video

ForeverMaker

Center right side of video by the van at .32 guy is just walking away randomly waddling like a penguin.

Yep....now replace him with a CCW holder that is confident and cops would have arrived to help clean up an already deceased man. Penguin should have been better.

WTF is up with the female cop running with her gun in one hand and then falling down after shooting. Jesus christ.

My guess is she was less than in the moment of expecting him to charge her. You can't see it in the vid, but the story is that he lunged at her with another knife he had in hand.

I'm not a cop to say what procedure is, but if I were her, my gun would have been in my hand the upon approaching him. I mean, when you see people running away like that, shit's happening, be prepared or be dead. I bet she doesn't make that mistake again.

My guess is she was less than in the moment of expecting him to charge her. You can't see it in the vid, but the story is that he lunged at her with another knife he had in hand.

I'm not a cop to say what procedure is, but if I were her, my gun would have been in my hand the upon approaching him. I mean, when you see people running away like that, shit's happening, be prepared or be dead. I bet she doesn't make that mistake again.

It looks like when she is running up her gun is in her right hand but not drawn, which seems stupid.

Center right side of video by the van at .32 guy is just walking away randomly waddling like a penguin.

I noticed that too before reading your post. just kinda walking in a half circle... Made me think of the guy in Chappelle show that was always dancing in the background.

Drawn=out of the holster. Her gun was drawn soon as she got out of the vehicle. Vid proves that. That's standard procedure for a man with knife call, let alone man with knife who's stabbed people. Any threat at that point, not knowing at the time who is who, will get challenged. Then said guy lunges at officer. She is well with her means to shoot, I know we're not arguing about that. Damn good on her for falling down, maintaining muzzle awareness, and still eliminating the threat.