My 2012 upgrades thread (turbo Integra inside)

DaddyBuiltRacing

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update time!! The car is finally done at the tuner and I am pretty anxious to get it back. I would like to give a big thanks to Steve Wilson as always and Chris/Chuck Wright at Pro Car in Akron for all the tuning and help over the last 4 weeks. The car was nothing but headaches on the dyno haha, first the ignitor went bad on the distributor, then it blew 4 brand new tires apart, finally with the help of some worn drag radials it was able to be finished. I don't know what the final numbers are, I do know taht it made 400whp@6700 rpms and the car spools 7psi more at the same rpm over the previous tune. C16 is an amazing thing, the car also now revs to 10k rpms over the old 8500...yes it still makes power at 10k rpms according to Steve. I want to get this thing on a track and see what sort of trap speeds I encounter, that will give me a better idea of where its really at power wise. Oh yeah another 5-7 psi is coming at the race track as well, we ran out of wastegate spring so had to stop dyno tuning at 25psi.

I also have picked up a couple things to make the car look better and shed weight. First up was a VIS carbon fiber hood that I drove to West Viginia to pick up for $100. The other item is a set of v2 Competition rear skinnies. Gonna wrap them in either MT or MH tires. I still have a few things I need to buy in order to help get the car trapping and hitting the ET's we want. Stay tuned

Update time!! The car is finally done at the tuner and I am pretty anxious to get it back. I would like to give a big thanks to Steve Wilson as always and Chris/Chuck Wright at Pro Car in Akron for all the tuning and help over the last 4 weeks. The car was nothing but headaches on the dyno haha, first the ignitor went bad on the distributor, then it blew 4 brand new tires apart, finally with the help of some worn drag radials it was able to be finished. I don't know what the final numbers are, I do know taht it made 400whp@6700 rpms and the car spools 7psi more at the same rpm over the previous tune. C16 is an amazing thing, the car also now revs to 10k rpms over the old 8500...yes it still makes power at 10k rpms according to Steve. I want to get this thing on a track and see what sort of trap speeds I encounter, that will give me a better idea of where its really at power wise. Oh yeah another 5-7 psi is coming at the race track as well, we ran out of wastegate spring so had to stop dyno tuning at 25psi.

I also have picked up a couple things to make the car look better and shed weight. First up was a VIS carbon fiber hood that I drove to West Viginia to pick up for $100. The other item is a set of v2 Competition rear skinnies. Gonna wrap them in either MT or MH tires. I still have a few things I need to buy in order to help get the car trapping and hitting the ET's we want. Stay tuned

Get out there and bust up the top60. :)

Good luck!

Thanks, I plan on being at the CR Fall track day doing some T&T for sure. I am gonna try getting my license passes out of the way in next couple weeks. They were already on my ass about getting them last time out, now with 8-15 more psi and good gas I am definitley gonna need them or continue getting kicked out of the track.

Haha yeah hes pretty stout. That picture makes him look ethiopian but a few on here can vouche for his beastyness. At his 2 year check up back in may he was like 38 or 39inchs with his legs bunched up, he wouldn't lay flat haha. Never hurts coming from a family full of big guys

• 2 weeks later...
Got my carbon fiber hood on the car over the weekend. Its amazing how much bette the car looks now compared to with the old beat up hood haha.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/teg-12.png

I would def agree. Looks good.

• 1 month later...
Well my 2012 is officially done! Yesterday at Import Faceoff I hurt something in the motor. Not sure what went wrong just yet, but should know in the next week or 2 once I tear it apart. I wasn't able to get a clean pass at all, stuff can only take so much beating before it begins to break. I guess it just gives me an excuse to go bigger for 2013 haha.

I never got a hit on 30psi :( Hell I never really got a hit on the new tune at all. Last time at the track the boost controller crapped out so I ran on wastegate pressure and yesterday I had wiring issues all morning and on the run I hurt the motor on the car sputtered around the 1/8th mile and then completely shut off on me at the 1000ft mark, I coasted through the traps, bump started the car and then hurt the chattering inside the motor.

I never got a hit on 30psi :( Hell I never really got a hit on the new tune at all. Last time at the track the boost controller crapped out so I ran on wastegate pressure and yesterday I had wiring issues all morning and on the run I hurt the motor on the car sputtered around the 1/8th mile and then completely shut off on me at the 1000ft mark, I coasted through the traps, bump started the car and then hurt the chattering inside the motor.

Thats a dreadful sound none of want to hear.

Pretty sure I saw you make a run or two, but there were more fast Honda's and Acura's there than I am used to lol. All the quick cars out there were definitely respectable, especially the Honda's and Acura's, back in Dayton the 'fastest' thing around was an H22 Accord...still was a MAYBE a very high 13 second car. Looks like you did a hell of a job on it, good luck tearing it down, and hopefully you get some bigger and better goodies for it! :)

My 2 runs were shit lol I ran a blistering 25@42mph on the first pass because the car would not rev past 3k rpms. I knew as soon as I went to do a burnout that it was going to be a bad day haha. The 2nd and final run was a 13.1@101, spent the rest of the day trying to get the car up and running again and then just hung out and watched racing with family and friends. I have beat on the car for the last 2 1/2 years, it has more track passes then most peoples race cars do, not to mention every day wear and tear while driving around town and stuff. You build em to break em, time to build again

My 2 runs were shit lol I ran a blistering 25@42mph on the first pass because the car would not rev past 3k rpms. I knew as soon as I went to do a burnout that it was going to be a bad day haha. The 2nd and final run was a 13.1@101, spent the rest of the day trying to get the car up and running again and then just hung out and watched racing with family and friends. I have beat on the car for the last 2 1/2 years, it has more track passes then most peoples race cars do, not to mention every day wear and tear while driving around town and stuff. You build em to bounce off of the rev limter in the TSC parking lot, you will break em, time to build again

I think is what you were supposed to write?? I hope you see my humor in it. :)

That's pretty incredible really lol. I was pretty disappointed with my passes, the DA was at least 2 times better than the last time I took mine out, and I put time into tuning and tweaking the EBC, but still to no avail my times didn't improve. I've never ran at NTR before, only at Kil-Kare in Xenia, Oh, but I wasn't at all impressed with the first 60'. I was only in the right lane on all the passes, but the best I could crank down was a 2.1, at Kil Kare I was pulling a 1.8 on street tires with no problems.

So I gather you are still 2 seconds away from the 10's you promised :lol:

I kindly predicted this car wouldn't be in the 10s.... Sucks it broke but you will have that. I'll be waiting the " fuck it I'm selling it all" post on fb so all your groupies can tell u how awesome it is and u should keep it and shit