the Trayvon Martin case

copperhead

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hispanic guy shot a black guy.

I promise that same day a month or so ago, some black guy shot a black guy. Some black guy shot a white guy. Some white chick shot a white dude. A grandma shot a daughter-in-law. Some drunk white guy shot himself.

A busier news week and you never would have heard of this.

A couple less useless wanna-be civil rights leaders involved, and you never would have heard of this.

If the original photos that circulated would have been the teen "thug" pic and the hispanic in the suit, you never would have heard of this story. The best part by far is that nobody on CR knows all the facts, but is willing to debate the story.

I just hope no pro-gun or pro-self defense laws get fucked up because of this.

• Upvote 1

It's like a Law and Order episode. 10 minutes before the episode ends the suspect always changes their story to "He was going for my gun, it went off. I didn't mean for this to happen!"

Zimmerman needs to hire better writers or he'll never make it to season 2.

eta: http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-dogged-disciplinary-problems-school/story?id=16011674#.T3JfEmFmKQx

The lead homicide investigator wanted to file manslaughter charges on the night of the shooting because he didn't find Z's story credible, but he was instructed not to...

Edited by greg

It's like a Law and Order episode. 10 minutes before the episode ends the suspect always changes their story to "He was going for my gun, it went off. I didn't mean for this to happen!"

Zimmerman needs to hire better writers or he'll never make it to season 2.

eta: http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-dogged-disciplinary-problems-school/story?id=16011674#.T3JfEmFmKQx

The lead homicide investigator wanted to file manslaughter charges on the night of the shooting because he didn't find Z's story credible, but he was instructed not to...

You are leaving out who told him not to and why to make it more dramatic

But Sanford, Fla., Investigator Chris Serino was instructed to not press charges against Zimmerman because the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction,

So the people who would have to prosecute this guy, said there isn't enough evidence to prosecute the guy. It isn't like the Police Chief told him not to. This is the person whose job it is to seek justice, and use the court system. Has nothing to do with stories being credible, it has to do with EVIDENCE. Rememebr you are Innocent until proven guilty in this country. You also can't be tried for the same crime twice (Double jeopardy). With the minimal amount of evidence that exists (that we know of), if they took it to a Grand Jury, a Grand Jury would shoot it down so quickly. If they succeeded in getting a Grand Jury to go for it, I could almost say with 100% certainty a Jury would find him innocent in a Criminal Case (Based off what the public knows).

Remember witnesses saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman, beating him. There is no witness/evidence to suggest Zimmerman assaulted Martin first. (Based off what Public Information is known)

So the people who would have to prosecute this guy, said there isn't enough evidence to prosecute the guy.

Yeah, and if you go back through my posts you'll see that I agree. I think there's a shameful lack of evidence that would ultimately result in an acquittal, if it comes to that. There are questions to be answered, like could the police have attained sufficient evidence if they had taken the matter more seriously, but I doubt it. The fact is, it's one man's word against a dead kid's.

The point is, the lead investigator didn't believe Zimmerman. For all I know, the attorney's office didn't believe him either. That they opted not to arrest him due to lack of evidence doesn't mean I can't still think Zimmerman is a lying sack of shit.

Yeah, and if you go back through my posts you'll see that I agree. I think there's a shameful lack of evidence that would ultimately result in an acquittal, if it comes to that. There are questions to be answered, like could the police have attained sufficient evidence if they had taken the matter more seriously, but I doubt it. The fact is, it's one man's word against a dead kid's.

The point is, the lead investigator didn't believe Zimmerman. For all I know, the attorney's office didn't believe him either. That they opted not to arrest him due to lack of evidence doesn't mean I can't still think Zimmerman is a lying sack of shit.

Of course you can. But as most 'night of' things it is always easiest to blame the guy who said he shot him. Once you give it time to pan out and witnesses come forward, it is much better.

The crucial gap may never be filled in, since only 2 people saw it, and one of them is no longer alive. What would be interesting to see is during the autopsy, did they note any brusing on the face of Martin, to indicate Zimmerman punched him?

The lead investigator and prosecutors reaction is typical. My wife worked for the prosecutors office here in Cbus and she's pretty clear that when something like this happens, everyone is out to find someone to blame. They most certainly were not in any way going to try and clear Zimmerman.

So their not believing him and having an itch to move forward is typical and very much a reality. If they didn't because there's lack of evidence or in this case what they claim is evidence to the contrary, it must have been solid.

in for the tox screen result on martin being high as a fucking kit

just wondering, you have a young, 160lb football player. i am assuming he is pretty fast on his feet given his weight and being athletic, if he was scared and being chased, couldn't he have easily just out ran zimmerman? hell i get the point that he could have been lost, but why not just run until something looks familiar?

also when i was his age and still do to this day, when somebody thinks i am doing something wrong and wants to talk to me, i am more than willing to talk to them and clear my name.

in for the tox screen result on martin being high as a fucking kit

:nono: if he was high he would have had more than just skittles and tea. A bag of grippos, some mike n ikes, a few slim jims, and an assortment of little debbies would be an indication of drug usage. Only reason I know is because all guys that wear hoodies do drugs... and I have 4 hoodies.

Remember upthread where I asked why Zimmerman's lawyers haven't released any pictures of him looking all battered and bruised in order to gain sympathy for his client?

Well, here's the latest and greatest from ABC -- surveillance footage from the police station from the night of the shooting:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475

I'll let you draw your own conclusions about if the guy in the video had a broken nose, had his head repeatedly slammed into a sidewalk, and was being pounded by a junior athlete, in the face, with such ferocity that he had to use deadly force.