Pastrana's 2013 Dodge Dart rallycross car

Rally Pat

I was reading through SpecialStage.com (rally website), and there was a thread about this. As it turns out, Olsbergs MSE built the car. They also build all of the Rallycross Fiesta's, so that's interesting. I have more details on specs as well. Like the Fiestas, the Dart is sporting a Sadev AWD system and transmission. Looks like they haven't perfected it on this car, though. I think it's size compared to the Fiesta's is going to make it a handfull, and it just doesn't seem to have the rocket ship qualities that the Fiestas have.

Apparently an undisclosed location means the Chrysler Chelsea Proving Grounds. I've ripped down most of those roads before. Not sure if it can compete with the Fiesta's, but it will definitely make the RallyCross season interesting.

I like the LED taillights...

...and that's about all I can say about the new Dart.

Oh, I'm sure the show "16 and Pregnant" will feature the new Dart. A lot.

And "Cops".

And any footage of a meth lab bust. Great product shots of the new Dart.

And DUI checkpoints. You'll see a few Darts on the side of the road.

Oh yeah...when it snows? Darts all over the place. Everywhere BUT the road.

And they'll all have Tweetie Bird stickers on the back.

...and pink tiger-stripe license plate frames.

phail.

Apparently an undisclosed location means the Chrysler Chelsea Proving Grounds. I've ripped down most of those roads before. Not sure if it can compete with the Fiesta's, but it will definitely make the RallyCross season interesting.

Yeah, I dont know what the deal is with the "undisclosed location" thing. Some of the pages that shared the link on Facebook very clearly said that it was the Chrysler testing grounds.

Looks extremely awkward, handling and turning. Wonder if it will be able to hang. My guess? No. I foresee a few DNFs and midpack finishes.

Clay you forgot to mention the tweety bird/hello kitty steering wheel cover and flower autozone floormats.

Edited by Patrick
slight clarification

Funny how people were saying the same things about the Ford Fiesta when Ken Block went with Ford. With the exception of the Darts white trash heritage, I'm hearing the same things.

Once it performs and makes power, we will have to see.

Edited by Mojoe

Funny how people were saying the same things about the Ford Fiesta when Ken Block went with Ford. With the exception of the Darts white trash heritage, I'm hearing the same things.

Once it performs and makes power, we will have to see.

I will always hate on Ken's first Fiesta. It was a sloppy attempt at turning an Olsbergs MSE rallycross car into a stage rally car. It broke constantly, and had a suspension that couldn't eat up the massive ditches in stage rally. At the time, the Focus was still the main WRC car, and the next generation WRC car was still being developed. The Fiesta he drives now is a completely different animal, a full on M-Sport developed Fiesta WRC, in both the WRC and in the different US series.

I will always hate on Ken's first Fiesta. It was a sloppy attempt at turning an Olsbergs MSE rallycross car into a stage rally car. It broke constantly, and had a suspension that couldn't eat up the massive ditches in stage rally. At the time, the Focus was still the main WRC car, and the next generation WRC car was still being developed. The Fiesta he drives now is a completely different animal, a full on M-Sport developed Fiesta WRC, in both the WRC and in the different US series.QUOTE]

I agree, but it was the start point for them. There may be the same growing pains for the Dart. I see it catching on and being liked. I don't think it looks all that bad. But, it has to perform to be accepted.